• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

American Driver loses license in Canada

Found a non-metric tool for posting here on FBBO.

VictorianCollections-large.jpg

Are you f--king serious??????

What is difficult about 10 base counting.

Metric is all about the 10. It's so easy.

Imperial measurements should have been left been in the dark ages. Or do you still love Great Britain so much that you can't leave it's measuring system alone?
I've mostly figured out the nuts and bolts and distance stuff. My problem with the metric system is that I don't know when I go from being cold to being hot.

I lost one of my fingers in a horrible counting accident, so I can't use the metric system. Thanks for reminding me of that painful drunken night, long ago, doing my 3rd grade math homework.

But the real reason that the metric system sucks is because I never lose my 3/8" socket but I always lose my 10mm socket.

No, I'm not Roger!!! 1 foot equals 12 inches which is far more accurate than having to deal with the shorter 10 when converting. I get the metric system some but many a time, when I try to convert measurements for say a recipe from metric to standard US, my measures come up too short leaving me either lacking in flavors, or ingredients, or way overblown. And just for the sake of pride, why should we Yanks have to adhere to what the rest of the World is utilizing? Maybe the other way around just might simplify the already too complicated and messed up World we now have...Just my opinion is all and I mean no disrespect to those that use the system. And I will also add that I believe that the Brits, UK Commonwealth have always used the Metric system and not the Imperial. I prefer the standard US for everything including wrenching on MOPARS...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:
Britain started switching over to metric in 1965. All of the wind tunnel equipment and engineering buildings that they used to develop Concorde used imperial measurements.

doing my 3rd grade math homework.
See, if you had be doing metric long division, you would have been fine.

My guess is that were trying to calculate how many barley-corns in one fifth of a cubit. And how many yards of acreage you could plant if your tractor consumed fuel at 3 mpg.

All of the wind tunnel equipment and engineering buildings that they used to develop Concorde used imperial measurements.
That was probably because the English were not ready to be 100% complicit with the French during the development.

Slide rules became redundant after the introduction of the Metric system.

Imperial measurements should have been left been in the dark ages. Or do you still love Great Britain so much that you can't leave it's measuring system alone?

36-24-36 in the King's math is not sexy.

:lol:

See, if you had be doing metric long division, you would have been fine.
Thanks, you tell me now.

My guess is that were trying to calculate how many barley-corns in one fifth of a cubit. And how many yards of acreage you could plant if your tractor consumed fuel at 3 mpg.
That was 5th grade, high falutin' stuff... I didn't get that far.

Another of my hobbies is BMX Freestyle bikes and Mountain bikes. From the very beginning til now a USA made item like a stem, a crankset , seat clamp if it was uSA made it was 1/4" or 3/8" bolts a cheap Taiwan part always used 6 mm 5 mm . Making it easy to identify quality parts from junk. So it's etched in my mind quality USA inches. Metric junk.

...and since metric is so simple, the metric users apparently were counting to ten on the photo page and got the photo of the Alfa wrong also...

...and since metric is so simple, the metric users apparently were counting to ten on the photo page and got the photo of the Alfa wrong also...
I hadn't noticed. What did they get wrong? Was it supposed to be a four door?

LOL at the ribbing going on about measuring things :)
I use both, it depends on what I am doing. I work in injection molding and we set the machines in metric. But mostly because using mm in a scale allows for more accuracy and ease or adjustment then fractions or decimals of an inch. In inches, it is some decimal number. In mm it is just a number.
I hate measuring liquid in metric. But 40 years of quarts and gallons has imprinted the amount in my brain. I am sure it is the opposite for metric people.

And finally, inches and feet and yards and miles is simply easier to deal with. Why? because my foot is pretty close to a foot(little over), various finger tips match up to various sizes in inches(so I can hold a finger over a bolt head and know which size it is) I am 2 yards tall, and just in general I find daily things measure out to more simplistic numbers in standard measurements.

I speak both American and Metric fluently. I was schooled during the main metric conversion in Canada.

But for those who use certain calculations regularly, it is easier to times 10 by 10 by 10...... or take 1/5th of 10 vs 12 x 12 x 12 or take 1/5th of 12 and so on. It only matters at certain times. I hate working on the change over years of vehicles that had both languages installed.

Oh and a little tidbit of info most don't know.......the oilfield liked metric so much in the past that they used a 10" foot vs 12" for ease of measuring......

It's not the metrics... it's the weird prefix's y'all put before the .... meter .... liter....

Auto Transport Service
Back