• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

An Argument thru the the ages....

1STMP

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:40 AM
Reaction score
OK guys, how many of you politely
place the toilet seat in the down
position after most often urgent
calls for relief?
9 times out of ten, it's me. Let's
face it. There's an inherent belief
that men absorb the possibility
of contracting any number of
nasty bacterial invasions if only
to protect the feminine.
I've often wondered how women
survived when all that was available
was a four foot square structure
filled with spiders, no toilet paper,
and wild temperature swings.
This on the humorous side of course.

Seems to me if the man can pick it up each time, the woman aught to be able to put it down each time.

We had the seat down/seat up discussion a few times early in our marriage. It never made sense to me why she couldn't just check to make sure the seat was down first instead of me having to lift it up and then put it back down. The arguments ended when our dog, Charlie, decided to start using the toilets as extra water bowls so we got in the habit of keeping the lids closed to discourage him. Charlie's been gone over 20 years, but the habit persists. I have come to appreciate the clean aesthetic of seeing the bowl covered when I enter the bathroom.

We had the seat down/seat up discussion a few times early in our marriage. It never made sense to me why she couldn't just check to make sure the seat was down first instead of me having to lift it up and then put it back down. The arguments ended when our dog, Charlie, decided to start using the toilets as extra water bowls so we got in the habit of keeping the lids closed to discourage him. Charlie's been gone over 20 years, but the habit persists. I have come to appreciate the clean aesthetic of seeing the bowl covered when I enter the bathroom.
That is exactly why the lids are always down at my house too. Edit: the dogs, that is. Three pails of fresh water every day, and still......

Last edited:
I have always put the seat down after I use the toilet. Learned that as a kid at home.
Same goes with opening doors for ladies and giving up my seat if needed.

When I was single, I had a sign above that "piece of equipment" that said-

"This is a Man's house, please return the seat to the UP position when finished".

We also had an issue with animals drinking or falling in, so ours are now down at all times when not in use.

Everyone gets to lift and lower something every time.

I also never had any complaints from my wife, although I did take down that sign.

She's smarter than to sit down without looking.

I grew up without the convenance of indoor plumbing until I was about 10. You always put the lid down in the 2 holer out back just to keep things out of sight. There was 2 rolls of paper and a bucket of powdered lime for those real bad occasions, and a can of wasp spray. No amount of air freshener could help when it was hot in the summer.

I don't have a wife unit to worry about, but with 4 boys in the house, Mom would always pitch a bitch about us boys not putting it seat down. So I always put the boat of them down when done, even to this day! Call it forced habitual learning as a child!

After being with my wife for 42 yeears, it is a habit I aquired early on in our relationship.
She sat down on the porcelin in the early mornining hours half asleep and I heard her yell at me.
Enough said

The reason they invented slow close toilet seats

3 woman in the house wanted toilet seat down. I did them one better the lid went down also.

Been there argued that
36 years ago had the debate with the wife
If I have to put the seat down we both have to close the lid
I think it took her two tries of sitting on the cold porcelin to get it
Been good ever since as we both close the lid
Yes at one time there was a dog trying to drink also .....

Of course I put it back down when done....I don't even understand the reason to ask this.

When I was younger, my stream was perfect so occasionally would pee with the seater down. No more a that with the drip-drip and onto the seat. Anyway, after getting hitched with two daughters and even the pets were female, I've closed the lid the past 30+ years.

My girlfriend and I have an agreement...the toilet seat upstairs is always down and the toilet seat downstairs is always up. 50/50 like it should be.

All this talk about toilet seats up or down, what about the lid for cryin out loud? Y'all leave that **** up all the time, are you really that lazy to put the lid down so no one has to look at your skid marks that you leave in the bowl or what?
Why do they build in a toilet lid if y'all don't use it?

I do the seat down deal, not much need now...

I grew up with 5 sisters 3 in 1 house & 2 in another
a mom & a step mom
I also had raised 4 girls (1 was my niece) & Lisa
way to much estrogen in my life,
had raised 2 boys too (1 was my nephew),
I also had 2 step brothers
we were outnumbered growing up,
with a 5-3 sisters & bro.s ratio
(add their friends over all thetime)
My dad & step-dad were both slobs, they didn't care...
And they still don't...

But;
for me, it was easier to just put the seat back down
not listen to all the whining bitching & moaning
from the chronic complainers

Smiley Bill Goldberg - you're next.jpg

& IMHFO it's just as easy for them to put it down
before dropping panties too, look before you sit...
As it is for us to put it back down after 'us having to raise it,
as to not piss all over it...
I consider them lucky...

Smiley 10,000 pages the book on understanding women.jpg

Chivalry isn't completely dead
but it's freaken' close, especially today, with the leadership today
what they are pushing in schools, toxic masculinity BS
& trans BS, bathroom sharing & men in women's sports

raise your boy to be a man, act like a man
not a woMAN

Smiley if it has tires or tits -you're gonna have trouble-.jpg

Last edited:
Another slow day here in FBBO Gen Forum I see!!! Both seat and lid are always down after each use. Been doing it that way for most of my life also. Now lets find something a tad bit more enlightening if you will...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag: cr8crshr/Bill

Auto Transport Service
Back