• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

An interior question-1969 Roadrunner

Robe81

Local time
8:16 PM
Reaction score
I bought my 1969 Roadrunner about 5 months ago. Recently I was getting some work done on it and my mechanic brought to my attention a possible discrepancy with the seats. He said the Roadrunner seats were generally a very basic seat. Things like emblems were even skipped to save cost. Also my instrument cluster repeats the functions. You can see the words wiper, lights, panel, etc duplicated on the console and instrument cluster. Both are in great shape and I'm wondering what the correct piece is and which one is the replacement piece. Here are a few pics...

28Jan2014 009.jpg28Jan2014 010.jpg28Jan2014 008.jpg

That is a factory '69 Roadrunner seat medallion....Don't remove or loose it (unless you don't like it, i'll buy it..lol). Actually there are a couple different styles of seat medallion's for 69' RR. As far as the cluster lens, my '69 RR does not have that redundant wording.

aaa.jpg

Yep Props is right as always and that's the deluxe interior. Meaning the seats of course.

Wow! I have never seen that before. I have a 68 GTX and that doesn't have it. I have had 4 other 68-69 b-bodies before and have been in and have seen many more, but have never seen that

Mine does not look like that either. Never have seen one that way?

IMG_1673.jpg

Mine dosent have it either but a friend of mine has the wording just like yours,he is the second owner had the car since 1975.

My Runners don't have the lettering on the lense either. I'm curious as to what you learn about this. And like Prop said, the seat medallion is correct with the originals being sought after.

Right as always...??.. LOL Wish that was the case Tallhair. Probably be in a different spot in life.

Below is a link/place to buy reproduction seat medallions in case anyone is looking. 5wndwcpe turned me on to this place.

http://krusinmoons.homestead.com/reproductionproducts.html

Pretty sure that lens you have is for/from a 1969 Dodge Coronet

Right as always...??.. LOL Wish that was the case Tallhair. Probably be in a different spot in life.

Below is a link/place to buy reproduction seat medallions in case anyone is looking. 5wndwcpe turned me on to this place.

http://krusinmoons.homestead.com/reproductionproducts.html

Pretty sure that lens you have is for/from a 1969 Dodge Coronet

I have a 69 Coronet here as well and it doesn't have that on it either.

The redundant lettering might have been an add on/ late model year feature so you could see where the switches would be in the dark.

My 69' Coronet 440 Has the lettering, washer and wiper, on the right in the cluster above the washer and wiper Button.

Here is my rear on my 69, not sure it is original since the interior was a saddle tan deluxe but have seen these seats with these medallions in a front bench config before. What ever you have hang on to it!

P1010152.gif

That cluster lens looks like one from a convertible,

69 GTX below you can see it has both wording.

1969-GTX.gif

My 69 :)

20140201_140832.gif

That is very intersting indeed. I know our hard top and the two extra instrument panels don't have them. I'll have to check the convert to see if it does. Maybe it's a convertible thing????

Auto Transport Service
Back