• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND WTB 1971 ROADRUNNER SEAT HINGE PARTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

TURBOSCHILZ

Local time
7:31 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys, finishing up the resto on my 71 Roadrunner. It came originally with the super cool two tone orange and black bucket seats in it. However, the original driver's bucket was near destroyed when I purchased the car, I was able to save it by welding it back together, however some of the hardware has gotten lost over the years apparently. I have purchased new seat backs, not pictured, so good there. I'm missing both hinge covers for the driver's seat including the button, also missing the little oval piece with two holes in it that goes under the latch, and the latch for the passenger side. Hopefully someone has some sitting around for a decent price?

seat-1.jpg

seat-2.jpg

seat-3.jpg

seat-4.jpg

seat-5.jpg

seat-6.jpg

Hey guys, finishing up the resto on my 71 Roadrunner. It came originally with the super cool two tone orange and black bucket seats in it. However, the original driver's bucket was near destroyed when I purchased the car, I was able to save it by welding it back together, however some of the hardware has gotten lost over the years apparently. I have purchased new seat backs, not pictured, so good there. I'm missing both hinge covers for the driver's seat including the button, also missing the little oval piece with two holes in it that goes under the latch, and the latch for the passenger side. Hopefully someone has some sitting around for a decent price?

View attachment 1534589

View attachment 1534590

View attachment 1534591

View attachment 1534592

View attachment 1534593

View attachment 1534594
Bump

Is that the release button on the hinge cover?

The reason I ask is that I used a bench seat release button on one of my buckets that was missing one.

Mine doesn't look like that, though. 72-74 bucket and what I thought was a 71 bench, but not 100% sure.

Is that the release button on the hinge cover?

The reason I ask is that I used a bench seat release button on one of my buckets that was missing one.

Mine doesn't look like that, though. 72-74 bucket and what I thought was a 71 bench, but not 100% sure.
Yes, the button should be on the hinge cover, hinge covers are also metal. I believe 70-early 71's are the same, late 71's-74 should be different with the hinge cover being built into the plastic seat back.

View attachment 1534589

View attachment 1534590

View attachment 1534591

View attachment 1534592

View attachment 1534593

View attachment 1534594
Update, I've either found or purchased everything except the inner hinge cover if someone has it, preferrably in black.

Update, I've either found or purchased everything except the inner hinge cover if someone has it, preferrably in black.
Bump, still needing this inner hinge cover, looks like I could also use a passenger side black a-pillar cover as well if someone has a decent one

23.jpg

27.jpg

Bump, still needing this inner hinge cover, looks like I could also use a passenger side black a-pillar cover as well if someone has a decent one

View attachment 1543546

View attachment 1543547
Bump, now looks like I'm needing a new fan shroud as mine is missing a chunk. 22", part number 2998328. Still needing passenger's black a-pillar trim and driver's bucket inner hinge cover.

Bump, now looks like I'm needing a new fan shroud as mine is missing a chunk. 22", part number 2998328. Still needing passenger's black a-pillar trim and driver's bucket inner hinge cover.
I have a nice unbroken shroud but I believe shipping would kill the deal. I may have the inner hinge cover also as I have 2 inners of the same side just don't know which side. Can check over the weekend. Also there are 2 types of 71 A-pillar trim so you need to show which one you need to match 2 hole is early then switched to 1 hole if I remember right...

I have a nice unbroken shroud but I believe shipping would kill the deal. I may have the inner hinge cover also as I have 2 inners of the same side just don't know which side. Can check over the weekend. Also there are 2 types of 71 A-pillar trim so you need to show which one you need to match 2 hole is early then switched to 1 hole if I remember right...
Good morning. Okay, actually no worries on the fan shroud, mine was merely missing a chunk and I filled it, looks good enough for me. Just let me know on the hinge cover, and I need the earlier 2 hole design on the a-pillar cover.

Just let me know and thanks again.

Here is the inner seat hinge cover for the drivers side. Pm any interest. Just needs glass beaded and repainted. It's not corroded or bent and it still has the locator pin.

IMG_4351.jpeg

IMG_4352.jpeg

IMG_4353.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back