• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anchor engine mounts from Summit Racing. MADE IN THE USA !!!

Darter6

Local time
6:56 AM
Reaction score
When I put together my old 63 I had a engine mount kit and a tranny mount from Schumacher to put a LA in a early B.
My plans changed, not going to race any more and converted the car to street use. The poly mounts made the car vibrate more than I like.
So I switched to a rubber mount for the tranny. Much better.
Started looking for engine mounts. Low and behold Summit had a listing for the early B's 273-426W all the same.
Part# is 2228 and 2227 for left and right insulators. Could not believe my eyes they say Made in the USA
Nice to see Anchor is a US company and making them Domestic.
I posted this in General Mopar Tech with the hope that their insulators are made for all body styles of Mopars.

That is shocking, all of their mounts I’ve used thru the years were Indonesia made and were replaced many times due to failure.. maybe the got smart?

I use solid mounts but would love to go back to rubber isolators if the quality was there. Last rubber mounts I had were Korean and promptly failed. I'll check out summit thanks for that info.

Saw these on Facebook

440 Source

July 14 at 5:07 PM ·

Coming soon... Our own engine mounts! These are used on B bodies from 1966-72, C bodies from 1966-73 and E bodies from 1970-74. These were originally made by Chrysler as part number 2536121, and the original NOS Chrysler ones are awesome quality (or at least they were when the rubber wasn't 60 years old..) Then the aftermarket took over and started making them as part number "2250." There used to be a dozen aftermarket companies offering them. Over the years, they have consolidated and bought each other out, to where now there are only two manufacturers. They are both made overseas, and quite frankly, the quality is absolutely horrible. One manufacturer's doesn't fit the K-member correctly. The other doesn't fit the engine support brackets correctly. The welding of the nuts to the steel ears is so bad that about 20% of the time when you tighten the bolt, the welds break and the nut snaps off the ears. The steel used for the backing is half as thick as the original Chrysler ones. We could go on and on. Anyhow, soon all those issues will be fixed. We are releasing these mounts which are absolutely dimensionally and functionally identical to the original NOS Chrysler ones in every way. And they will only be a few bucks more than the junk ones that are currently available. Look for them in about 2-3 months!

IMG_0213.jpeg

I just received a pair of Anchor brand mounts for a big block from Summit and the boxes are marked MADE IN KOREA. They look to be lower quality than the Mancini mounts I am having trouble getting to line up. I’m going to try to install them but I have my doubts.

Those 440 sorce insulator looks good but the rubber looks too thick! Or am I used to seeing old compressed ones?

440 source ftw! the source one looks really good, I would like to try those.

Anchor mounts are garbage. I have refused to install them on customer cars for a couple years now.

Auto Transport Service
Back