• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

And this isn't on Groougle either....how many normal size washing machines does it take to fill an....

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:42 PM
Reaction score
acre of land!?? Winner gets a chicken dinner...... @kiwigtx the washing machine king but anyone can guess. And don't axe me because I don't know :D

This is 2 dimensional (area) measurement, right?

I thought "the washing machine" was a unit of three dimensional (volume) measurement.

Standard top load washing machine is 27x27.

That's 729 square inches.

6,272,640 square inches in an acre.

That's 8604.444 washing machines.

Now, front load washers have slightly different dimensions....

So a proper initial reply to the question would be- "top load or front load"?

...or possibly "African or European"?

Mine is 27 wide and 25 1/2 deep.....

I ran out of fingers
Why?
thumbnail_IMG_8357.jpg

He did say fill, an acre.... not cover..
So I'd go with the 3 dimensional answer.

Mine is 27 wide and 25 1/2 deep.....

Not sure whether to make a joke about your standards....a joke about you being non-standard....

...or simply type- "recalculating"...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Not sure whether to make a joke about your standards....a joke about you being non-standard....

...or simply type- "recalculating"...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Something else brought out that word today but can't remember what now. May have thought about when my wife came up with a GPS gadget for the car and it kept saying 'recalculating' every time I took a different turn (for the better) and ended up just turning the dang thing off! Now it's going to be in my head all day. Wait, nothing stays in my head for very long these days...

My American made Whirlpool (Top-loader style)
newish (2020) std washing machine & dryer (front-loader) are the same size
25.5" deep & 27" wide
(The main body is 35" tall give or take, not counting the control panel)

not all "std" for washing machines/brands are equal in size,
as in 27" x 27" maybe 1 company std, not all of them

not including height dimensions either,
front or top-loader ?
widely varied in sizes even by brands/makes/models

then there's the stackables (that fit in a closet or RV, an apt. etc. with no room)
that are narrower & maybe shorter still
so is their ''std'' sizes

we'd need far more specifics on what qualifies as "std", to be 100% accurate

just saying

Last edited:
Wait, nothing stays in my head for very long these days...
That can be one of the few benefits of – aging – hearing stuff you don’t want to – remember…

acre of land!?? Winner gets a chicken dinner...... @kiwigtx the washing machine king but anyone can guess. And don't axe me because I don't know :D
Chicken dinner? If I can get TWO breasts, I’ll play – no one offers this unless it’s a special order at additional cost.

Chicken dinner? If I can get TWO breasts, I’ll play – no one offers this unless it’s a special order at additional cost.
Who doesn’t like two breast? Oh wait, are we talking chicken?

My machine is approximately 650mm x 660mm....which in old money is 26-1/2" x 27" roughly....give or take a few red CH's.

So, I'm going for the answer of 9,433 washing machines to fill an acre. A Sawzall may be required in some territories. :lol:

I wonder what would happen if they were all switched on at the same time with a single large beach towel in each one. When the spin cycle come on, and the towel is lop-sided, the vibration would surely register on the Richter Scale? Similar to every Chinaman jumping up in the air at the same time. :p

Auto Transport Service
Back