• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anodizing

gofast1320

Local time
5:03 AM
Reaction score
I have a 1968 Roadrunner and I am looking for a company to polish re-anodize and polish the grill and headlight bezels, any help would be appreciated? Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking too. I need the trim done for my 67 Belvedere wagon.

I saw a vendor at Indianapolis last weekend that redid grilles and stuff. I think he was out of IL. I'll have to see if I can find his card.

I used this guy. Bill Petrow in Chicago area. He did a good job for me years ago. Strip, polish and re anodize. I think he is still in business.
Special T's trim restoration. PH 847 255 5494

I used this guy. Bill Petrow in Chicago area. He did a good job for me years ago. Strip, polish and re anodize. I think he is still in business.
Special T's trim restoration. PH 847 255 5494
That is the guy that was at Indy. His work looked good but you don't bring bad work to a show.

That is the guy that was at Indy. His work looked good but you don't bring bad work to a show.
He did a good job with the aluminum moldings on my 65 Sport Fury. Not so much with the engine turned tape he put on.
Not many vendors out there that do the re-anodizing though.

Norm has been doing it a long time... Mike Ross who owns BEA has been using him & is pleased with the quality

King Of Trim

Car Gallery | King of Trim

dodge3.jpg

Special T is NOT cheap. I brought him a few pieces that were already stripped, straightened and polished out all they needed was to be bright dipped. I paid for it big time, meaning that I paid for straightening and polishing on top of the bright dip. Bill is a nice guy, but the next time I need something done, I'm going to shop around.

Gotta pay to play, or do it yourself. I had 68 hours give or take into my Bee tail panel by the time I was done stripping and just polishing out the aluminum and 40 or so into a straight grill and headlight assembly. If I did 100 hours billed for a customer you're into 10 grand PDQ. Why I didn't hesitate "blowing" 2 grand on an NOS grill last month.

Bill Petrow restored the grill and headlight bezels on my 65 Belvedere about 16 years ago. It wasn’t cheap, but it still looks great.
IMG_9711.jpeg

Gotta pay to play, or do it yourself. I had 68 hours give or take into my Bee tail panel by the time I was done stripping and just polishing out the aluminum and 40 or so into a straight grill and headlight assembly. If I did 100 hours billed for a customer you're into 10 grand PDQ. Why I didn't hesitate "blowing" 2 grand on an NOS grill last month.
I have been following your post on how you did yours and plan to pretty much copy that. Thank you for that. If I could get them done, confidently, somewhere I’d opt for that but have been unable to find anyone. King of trim never responded a year or so back.

I have been following your post on how you did yours and plan to pretty much copy that. Thank you for that. If I could get them done, confidently, somewhere I’d opt for that but have been unable to find anyone. King of trim never responded a year or so back.
King of Trim has a reputation of being hit or miss... To many employees doing the work & not enough QC...

I'll mention Norm Huie once more & be on my way..

King of Trim has a reputation of being hit or miss... To many employees doing the work & not enough QC...

I'll mention Norm Huie once more & be on my way..
I’ll check him out.

I had Jerry Martin restore and anodize the grill surrounds on my 67 R/T. Did a beautiful job, I was satisfied with the price. He sends them out for anodizing after he restores and polishes.

Jerry Martin.jpg

I had Jerry Martin restore and anodize the grill surrounds on my 67 R/T. Did a beautiful job, I was satisfied with the price. He sends them out for anodizing after he restores and polishes.

View attachment 1624784
Thanks. That is someone local enough if I spend some time and could actually deliver the parts to...

Norm Huie hands down although it has been my understanding that Shine on Me was no longer in business. Any input on that would be appreciated.

Auto Transport Service
Back