• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another garage..

Understand completely....if you are off on your measurements by just a schoshe, your fence will be all caddy wampus. Clear as day to me.

For those that don't know, a schoshe is a unit of measure. It is equal to half a smidge.
Glad you can spell schoshe I couldn’t until your post. But I know exactly how much it is.

Your not from Oklahoma. Sagging timber above window or door opening. Ya i was a little confused 1st time also

Your not from Oklahoma. Sagging timber above window or door opening. Ya i was a little confused 1st time also.
I ran triple 2×12's with 1/2" plywood sandwiched in between to bring them out to 5 1/2" wide matching the studs. Another thing working in my favor is there's really no weight other than the roof over the left door, on the right side because of the 8' wide dormer the trusses are doubled up with an 8' gap in-between so all of the weight is sitting almost on the door ends. On top of that once I finish trimming the interior for mounting the garage doors I'll put another beefy timber across the top. Should be fine.

Somehow I missed the posting of this Devin...

Very nice job on everything...

Kern...it's a footer...you west coasters don't get to change the east coast terminology to your liking...

Somehow I missed the posting of this Devin...

Very nice job on everything...

Kern...it's a footer...you west coasters don't get to change the east coast terminology to your liking...
:lol:

Still plugging away here and there, mostly stripping the old stain and restraining the rest of the house at the moment but did get the dormer sided as well.
IMG_20230522_192548228_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230513_191748929_HDR.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back