• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another new one

Polara500

Local time
11:58 AM
Reaction score
Hi all. I am Mike from SD. I'm not an expert by any means. I have a 57 DeSoto that I drove for a couple years before complete disassembly for rust repair. It remains in the repair mode. Meanwhile I needed a driver, so I picked up a 64 Polara. The Polara is mostly original although the 318 was swapped out for a 383. In the process the air conditioner was left off. Well I just can't leave anything alone and am improving the Polara while trying to keep it a driver.

P5290367.JPG

Here is my DeSoto as it looked before I tore into it.
DeSotoRtR.JPG

Kent! I see Idaho on your post. Yep, it's the one. Say where did you get that electronic ignition that is on it? I couldn't find any info on the net about it. It works great once I bypassed the resistor for a full 12 volts. I'm not sure what it is supposed to run on but it hasn't burned out yet so maybe 12v is what it wants.
Nice to hear from you.
Mike

I got it from a friend of mine, we call him MOPAR Vaughn, when I told him I let that elec. ignition system go with the car he chewed me out. I will ask him about it. I guess they are not out there any more.

Very nice Mike and welcome

Auto Transport Service
Back