• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another rant about Summit Racing . . . .

The point is that the item in question was showing as in stock....and ready to ship to my location.....only got told it was not available at checkout. I have been getting only MY shipping availability on my Wishlist. Searching for a new item gives both Domestic USA and International availability in the store.
Rock Auto does the same. Item shows "In-Stock", put it into cart and still shows "In-Stock", BUT go to check out and... "OUT OF STOCK"!!!

The point is that the item in question was showing as in stock....and ready to ship to my location.....only got told it was not available at checkout. I have been getting only MY shipping availability on my Wishlist. Searching for a new item gives both Domestic USA and International availability in the store.
I have had the same thing happen, it shows in stock until you go to pay.

As a matter of fact, the last time it happened was a few weeks ago when I was buying a bunch of rod ends.

The one item I couldn’t get from them I ordered from Speedway (first time. )
I think the price was lower but I had to pay for shipping. I paid for rush shipping, Fed ex dropped the ball, and Speedway refunded the rush premium without me even asking. So I am definitely a Speedway fan now.

Compared to an unnamed B Body Mopar site where you can't even buy promotional items......

"Buying" promotional items just doesn't site right with me !!

Likewise paying to enter your car in a car show !!

I rarely have any issues ever
I get stickers all the time, no hats or a rare hat
I have plenty don't need more of them
I spend a crapload thru them too

must suck
being in the Southern Hemisphere
for shipping & parts (or costs)
we just get most of them if not in the Nv, Reno hub
in 2 day or less
a very few now out of Ohio or Texas, but it's rare
or drop-shipped directly from suppliers,
especially all the ones still in Calif.
I look at the availability before, I ever complete the order form
or find a product that will work they have in stock or available
(many are drop-shipped, relatively quick)

(Jeggs sucks, even worse for that crap now, especially since the sale/new ownership)

I hate backorders, even from them (SR)
& I've had great service from Summit Racing, best I've dealt with
for 40+ years, even back in the mailorder/or 1-800 order days
I 'can't' count on 1 hand (less than 5 times) having any issues ever
& when I did they made it good...

good luck

Summit is about my automatic choice when it's time to fetch "mail order".
Jegs blows dead bear in comparison - and since RockAuto uses FedEx only,
they can pound sand too.

Summit is about my automatic choice when it's time to fetch "mail order".
Jegs blows dead bear in comparison - and since RockAuto uses FedEx only,
they can pound sand too.
Not sure about blowing dead bears, but yeah .....Jegs can kiss my hairy *** before I'd ever deal with them again.

I've had success with Summit and buying parts from them when I was restoring my 66 Ply Sat and my Chrysler 300 back when I had them both so no issues whatsoever. Living in CA at the time, I would get my order the next day, or if it wasn't at the Reno NV location, then a few days shipping from Ohio. When I moved to Reno NV a number of years ago, if I needed anything from them then hop in the truck and head down to their Reno location and get what I needed directly from them. Saved time and the convenience was easy. Now I no longer am in the hobby as deeply as I was so no need to purchase anything from them for old cars but maybe for my 2 present-day vehicles needs as the issues arise. But throughout my experience, Summit Racing has been a very good place to do business with. Kiwi/Roger...seeing as how I live in Reno NV now, I can help you out directly for parts and can ship them through a Worldwide Currier service I have done business with if you would like. Shipping is reasonable, but the guarantee of having the parts is better through me than online plus I can use my Military Discount discount directly to save some $$$'s as well as the discount code. Just a thought to help you out...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:
Thanks Bill....I do appreciate that offer. :lowdown:

Geez, they send me free hats, shirts, and even a fender cover once.
Compared to an unnamed B Body Mopar site where you can't even buy promotional items......

:poke:
I forgot I got two free fender covers and some shirts from Summit Racing.

Hey guys,
I just want to thank everyone who has offered to help me out with shipping, stickers & hats etc....as well as the private messages with offers.....it really is appreciated.

This was never my intention to try and solicit for freebies or help......just needed to vent again. I am just having a rough spell with this online ordering lately....supplier issues and exchange rates, plus the sky-rocketing cost of postage is sucking all the fun out for now.

I have to stagger my orders so that what I need now they have in stock and can deliver soon....other stuff just needs to wait.

Cheers. :drinks:

This code does work after I called back twice, spoke to somebody different, they said it’s good through the summer.

IMG_5481.jpeg

I'm good thanks.....I appreciate the offer. I do have a couple....just saying they don't seem to send them out much now.
They did however send me a bunch of printed catalogs once......at my cost on the shipping of course......:mob: I didn't even ask for them.
I was thinking about all this Summit stuff and it got me thinking. In my time I have spent a few dollars, like everyone else, on parts from a lot of different companies. I've bought two crate engines for Jegs, many years ago. Several rear ends, all Currie with Yukon differentials. Several transmissions from Coan, 350 extreme and 400 turbo. I've bought wheels and tire packages, mounted and rolled to the door by UPS from Summit. You were right, years ago I got many hats, enough stickers to cover a few walls and more than a few shirts. I'm not a big hat guy, so I gave them all away including shirts, but, due to hair loss, I do wear one these days if I'm going to be out in the sun all day. I started looking and all I found was two shirts and one hat. I've wore the shirts, but not this summit hat. Tens of thousands of dollars and this is all that's left.......
20230809_142005.jpg

20230809_141846.jpg

Likewise paying to enter your car in a car show !!
Alot of those entrance fees end up going towards charity, insurances and even towards police to direct traffic. It depends on the size of the event

I sleep better when I know a charity is gaining those funds. My wife is a rotarian so I hear all about the behind the scene stuff.

It's interesting to see various experiences, pro and con, with different vendors. I've had superb experiences with Jeg's for many, many years. As well as quite a few others. A lot of issues mentioned here can be tolerable; shipping, in/out of stock, etc. But when a vendor refuses a return, comes up with an excuse, and sends the part BACK ? That's what summit did to me many years ago.

Here's some Summit dumb-shittery....
August 5th, I was in Sparks. NV for the Hot August Nights car show and as usual, I stopped at the Summit store.
I checked online before I went so I knew what I wanted was IN STOCK.
I bought a 5 gallon bucket of Evaporust and TWO tires.
"We have to ship those tires"...
Uhhh, IN STOCK means something else to them....I figured it meant that the store had them.
No biggie...they are for the Charger and I'm in no hurry. A week is cool.
The week ended two days ago. Today around noon, ONE tire showed up. I called their customer service. The operator said the other tire is on another truck. I asked..."What sense does it make if ONE guy buys TWO tires to be shipped to ONE address and the shipper uses TWO trucks to deliver TWO tires to the same address?"
She had no explanation.

August 5th, I was in Sparks. NV for the Hot August Nights car show and as usual, I stopped at the Summit store.
Uhhh, IN STOCK means something else to them....I figured it meant that the store had them.
The week ended two days ago. Today around noon, ONE tire showed up. I called their customer service. The operator said the other tire is on another truck. I asked..."What sense does it make if ONE guy buys TWO tires to be shipped to ONE address and the shipper uses TWO trucks to deliver TWO tires to the same address?"
She had no explanation.
....now you see why I get annoyed at times. :lol:

That stupid shipping crap must cost the company a fortune in mismanagement.

She had no explanation.
You should have ordered four tires.
Two would have ended up on the same
truck.
On the other hand, they may have
shipped using four trucks.

Kiwi,
Try dealing with some other US companies......& you will soon find how GOOD Summit is.

I have been using them for 25+ yrs. I have had a couple of hick ups over the years. It is unavoidable with large companies. And they are getting larger.....Three warehouses now I believe versus the original Ohio one. You can only expand like that if you are getting more customers....& happy ones.
Obviously more products to sell means more that can go wrong. I am always amazed at how much product Summit actually has on the shelves......often many different brands to choose from. How many other companies have a choice of five distributors to choose from....& in stock?

For folks overseas, they have several shipping options available at the end of the order such that the order can be despatched the same day. None of this waiting for days for a shipping quote.

I have had the original wrong part sent over the years, & when I notified Summit, they sent the correct part. No questions asked, they just did it. They did not request that I return the disputed part & the replacement was sent Air freight [ here in 6-10 days ]....not sent sea freight, takes 3 months.

You can ring Summit & actually speak to a person. Try that with some of the others.
Stop whingeing.

Same here, i order maybe 2-3 times a month , no problems whatsoever, en when someting is wrong, they just send the new part (wich does not happen often). What i did notice for overseas customers, sometimes it says a part in stock, but it is in stock at another wharehouse, and when you check out, then it says not in stock. So you have to delete that from the order and do 2 orders. Also, when using Paypal, they only send when everything is in stock, so sometimes you have to wait on backorders.

Auto Transport Service
Back