• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another rant about Summit Racing . . . .

kiwigtx

Henchman #4 and Jack-Stand Racer #2
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:13 PM
Reaction score
So I tried to check out just now....buy a few maintenance items, and a couple of trinkets also....as one does...and I get a stupid Shipping date of Nov 6.

So I go have a look, and it says one item not in stock. So I check the product and it is in stock.
It's not my location, because my account is set up for export etc....and they have my location. Item is in my Wishlist as 'Estimated ship date: Today'

I don't see the problem. So I remove it from the cart, and my shipping date is next week.

Someone at Summit screwed up, or their system is whacko...or they didn't like having a foreigner try and use the Discount code that was posted here by @SteveSS - thanks BTW.

Discount code removed, offending item removed, and I can checkout for delivery next week. It is just maddening at times.

They don't even send out free stickers any longer. :mob:

:xscuseless:

Screenshot 2023-08-09 112755.jpg

:mob:
Screenshot 2023-08-09 112912.jpg

PM me your shipping address. I think I have a sticker I can send ya Kiwi.

I have nothing good to say about Summit. I've had a few problems with them. I won't do business with them anymore.

Summit has always been good to me. In all my years, they only once sent the wrong part, and upon calling them they immediately sent the right one and told me to keep the wrong one.

I have probably 100+ Summit stickers. I just got another one last week, so I think they still send them out. How many do you want?

I have probably 100+ Summit stickers. I just got another one last week, so I think they still send them out. How many do you want?
I'm good thanks.....I appreciate the offer. I do have a couple....just saying they don't seem to send them out much now.
They did however send me a bunch of printed catalogs once......at my cost on the shipping of course......:mob: I didn't even ask for them.

Summit has always been good to me. In all my years, they only once sent the wrong part, and upon calling them they immediately sent the right one and told me to keep the wrong one.

I also have never had a single
complaint against Summit.
Though their parts availability during
the scamdemic was hit and miss,
they always came thru.
Can't very well blame that on them
when all were jumbled up.
(kiwigtx...I not only have a bunch
of Summit stickers, but also those
from Jegs, Holley, Koni, Kaytek,
Mouser, Lokar, Hoosier....)
So many in fact, if I stuck them all
on the truck, I wouldn't need a paint
job.

I have had a few bad interactions with Summit, but I have been buying from them since they were just a hole in the wall on the early 80’s.

They are now a behemoth of a company, so I would guess the volume of their business creates a like volume of problems.

One thing I will say, is it seems like they pour a ton of money back into motor sports. Around here all of the tracks award “Summit Bucks” as prizes, and I think it is a form of sponsorship.

A few months ago I placed an order with a discount code and over $300 so that gives free shipping to Canada. It took a phone call to get the code to work but in the end I got the discount. NONE of the items were in stock and all had different ship dates on the items - but that was displayed right on the screen. And by the way, it does state very clearly in their policies that they won't ship anything until the whole order is consolidated in their warehouse. As the items arrived it updated their system to say "ready to ship" or something to that effect. The last items were coming from Holley/MSD and twice those ship dates got pushed out. Finally all the items arrived and I got the order on my doorstep three days later.

So was all that Summit's fault? I think not. The parts on the Holley website had long lead times as did the copper head gaskets on SCE's website. Two other items had to come from suppliers as well. So it wouldn't have mattered who I ordered that stuff from, I still would have had to wait.

And did I mention FREE SHIPPING to Canada !!!

Remember when we used to send for a catalog, place ordef on paper, mail it off with a check, and then wait 4-6 weeks?
I miss the good ole days!

Remember when we used to send for a catalog, place ordef on paper, mail it off with a check, and then wait 4-6 weeks?
I miss the good ole days!
LOL ! No matter how good something gets there will always be someone who ******* about it !

Summits had always been good to me until last year when I needed tires on a car in Texas... Went online, confirmed they were in stock at the Arlington store... Called the Arlington store to verify & asked about mounting and balancing... They said no problem... 0530 the next morning I was on the road to get to Summit when they open @ 0900... I rolled in, went to the counter & told the counterperson what I needed... All was good till we got to "Mount and Balance"... Oh, the guy who does that comes in on second shift... I'm not happy but I guess I can burn up eight hours waiting.... Counter person suggests "Just leave your wheels & pick them up tomorrow".... How would you suggest I drive the car without wheels? Oh! They are still on the car? Yeah... Well we can't work on wheels mounted to the car... Needless to say I wasn't a real big Summit fan that day...

I've had success with Summit and buying parts from them when I was restoring my 66 Ply Sat and my Chrysler 300 back when I had them both so no issues whatsoever. Living in CA at the time, I would get my order the next day, or if it wasn't at the Reno NV location, then a few days shipping from Ohio. When I moved to Reno NV a number of years ago, if I needed anything from them then hop in the truck and head down to their Reno location and get what I needed directly from them. Saved time and the convenience was easy. Now I no longer am in the hobby as deeply as I was so no need to purchase anything from them for old cars but maybe for my 2 present-day vehicles needs as the issues arise. But throughout my experience, Summit Racing has been a very good place to do business with. Kiwi/Roger...seeing as how I live in Reno NV now, I can help you out directly for parts and can ship them through a Worldwide Currier service I have done business with if you would like. Shipping is reasonable, but the guarantee of having the parts is better through me than online plus I can use my Military Discount discount directly to save some $$$'s as well as the discount code. Just a thought to help you out...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Does anyone here use Speedway? I've had good experiences with them for my (non-mopar up to now) parts.

Does anyone here use Speedway? I've had good experiences with them for my (non-mopar up to now) parts.

Yes, they carry some stuff that Summit does not sell (like vintage style hot rod stuff). While I don't use them nearly often as Summit, I give them two thumbs up.

So was all that Summit's fault? I think not. The parts on the Holley website had long lead times as did the copper head gaskets on SCE's website.
The point is that the item in question was showing as in stock....and ready to ship to my location.....only got told it was not available at checkout. I have been getting only MY shipping availability on my Wishlist. Searching for a new item gives both Domestic USA and International availability in the store.

Yes.....I recently bought some headers, they overcharged slightly for shipping, and before I even knew about that, they had refunded me the excess charge.....that was really cool of them.

Auto Transport Service
Back