• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another rant about Summit Racing . . . .

Here's some Summit dumb-shittery....
August 5th, I was in Sparks. NV for the Hot August Nights car show and as usual, I stopped at the Summit store.
I checked online before I went so I knew what I wanted was IN STOCK.
I bought a 5 gallon bucket of Evaporust and TWO tires.
"We have to ship those tires"...
Uhhh, IN STOCK means something else to them....I figured it meant that the store had them.
No biggie...they are for the Charger and I'm in no hurry. A week is cool.
The week ended two days ago. Today around noon, ONE tire showed up. I called their customer service. The operator said the other tire is on another truck. I asked..."What sense does it make if ONE guy buys TWO tires to be shipped to ONE address and the shipper uses TWO trucks to deliver TWO tires to the same address?"
She had no explanation.
It seems dumb, but I’ve had the same thing happen ordering tires from Amazon

Does anyone here use Speedway? I've had good experiences with them for my (non-mopar up to now) parts.

I've used Speedway once and had a defective part. They dealt with it very quickly and professionally. They even paid for the return shipping from Canada even though I picked it up in the US.

UPDATE *******
Today I called Summit again because the 2nd tire of my 2 tire order still had not arrived. The customer service woman was great. They cancelled the second shipment and are now going to ship the second tire from the store where I was standing on August 5th. Why they didn't just hand me the tires then, I still don't know.
An hour later, a guy from their upper management team called and apologized and offered free gift cards and other things.
I thanked him and declined, saying they have usually had great service and I'm willing to consider this time a simple screw up. He insisted on refunding the $20 shipping charges so I went along with that.

I keep getting 'Naked Wine' gift cards with my Summit orders. I don't even think I can use them.

So if anyone can use them, please let me know.

1692159716488.png

Auto Transport Service
Back