• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Antenna Mast Insertion

Moparfiend

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:08 AM
Reaction score
My car never had the mast but had the original base as pictured. How does/did the mast get inserted in the holder? Is there threads deeper in there or is it just a press fit or am I missing another part?

IMG_0040.jpeg

image.jpg

Should be a rubber grommet that sets on the painted surface; no metal to metal contact. Antenna screws in.

I think you need a replacement antenna.

Think it’s a paper gasket material but like c board and the mast screws in

I know there’s a special castle wrench for this but was wondering what the regular guy would use so I don’t mar up anything. I made a custom neoprene washer that works well.

IMG_0041.jpeg

I use large needle nose pliers with a rag or tape wrapped around the tips to tighten them down. Worked well for many years.

I just gently tap a large, flat blade screw driver, alternating 180 degrees.

I would just buy the cheap socket that works. I hate marks and paint scratches. One slip and the tool seems cheap. Tool can be found in the 10 buck range.

I would just buy the cheap socket that works. I hate marks and paint scratches. One slip and the tool seems cheap. Tool can be found in the 10 buck range.
I hear ya.

I used to go to Sears and buy all my tools oftentimes Craftsman. I grew up in the 60’s and 70’s. I used to go to my local auto parts and they did some machine work like flywheels and brakes etc.

Now there is so little and it needs to be mail ordered. I am glad we have at least Harbor Freight tools.

This tool isn’t going to be local or immediate which I miss and hate waiting a week for something simple task wise.

I hear ya.

I used to go to Sears and buy all my tools oftentimes Craftsman. I grew up in the 60’s and 70’s. I used to go to my local auto parts and they did some machine work like flywheels and brakes etc.

Now there is so little and it needs to be mail ordered. I am glad we have at least Harbor Freight tools.

This tool isn’t going to be local or immediate which I miss and hate waiting a week for something simple task wise.
Thing is you can always tighten it fully later. This tool will always be an asset. I have had mine since 1972.

I know there’s a special castle wrench for this but was wondering what the regular guy would use so I don’t mar up anything. I made a custom neoprene washer that works well.

View attachment 1551125
There’s a cheap ( like 12.00 ) tool on eBay that I love that I own and now it’s the community antenna Mopar tool in my town lol

I just tapped it in like YY1 suggested. Was carful not to miss. All is in and tight. Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Auto Transport Service
Back