• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any Civil War collectors out there???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red63440

Local time
4:42 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller
I have a few Civil War items that I used while doing living history in Gettysburg. I have had them for many, many years but now feel that its time to sell them to help fund my car. ALL of the items are original and based on their condition and availability can be considered RARE.

I have a Staff Officers Sword, this was carried by general staff officers and more than likely was carried on the battlefield by a very high ranking officer. Maj. General Joseph Hooker carried this same type and manufacture sword though the entire Civil War. The sword blade is known as a "Diamond" blade due its shape and was manufactured by Ames Manufacturing in Chicopee, Mass. Its fully engraved and the handle is perfect and fully functional and sports a folding clam shell guard. The handle itself is covered with shark skin and has a bluish hue to it. The red leather washer that was installed when manufactured was there to keep the sword from rattling in the scabbard and it is still intact. The sword is tight with no loose parts and still sports much of its gold wash.

The second item is what is known as a "Bullion Belt". The was a folded hand made leather officers belt that was covered with real rolled gold. Due to the rarity of this belt I have only seen one other and it was in a museum. The belt sports an original officers buckle with the raised wreath. This belt would have been worn by senior rank officers of the general staff.

I have several other smaller support items such as a match safe, officers silver plated collapsing drinking cup, 10 carat gold eye glasses, mother of pearl writting pens with case and other items. All are original to the period and have been carried/used on many well known Civil War battlefields.

I also have an un-fired holstered "Reproduction" side arm that I will sell, Please contact me off site if interested.

Your most humble servant,

General Joseph Hooker
3rd Division
Army of the Potomac

(Red63440)

My asking price for the sword and belt is $1000.00. IM me with questions and requests for photos. I am open to trades for parts, let me know what you have.

Attachments

• P1010018.jpg
    P1010018.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 357
  • P1010020.JPG
    P1010020.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 345
  • P1010021.JPG
    P1010021.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 336
  • P1010022.JPG
    P1010022.JPG
    177.9 KB · Views: 352
  • P1010026.jpg
    P1010026.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 352
Last edited:
Civil war items like the ones you have should be apraised by a professional if have not already...Thought about a civil war auction?Or even ebay with a high reserve..I sold some of my other toys to fund my project so I know it sucks..
Petty Blue 67 GTX

I do know the value of them and have discounted them slightly for the board. Thanks for you thoughts though..

Bob

Attachments

• P1010023.jpg
    P1010023.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 331
  • P1010019.jpg
    P1010019.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service