• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any Jeep folks here?

We're on our 3rd Grand Cherokee.

Our first was a 2000. Daughter drove it after we got the next one, but we sold it after she didn't need it anymore.
20170717_110818.jpg

The second is a 2009. We were going to sell it when we got the newest one, but I've made it my daily driver so I don't have to fire up the Cummins for my 3 minute commute to work.
IMG_5592.jpg

And the most recent is a 2022 L. This is my wife's daily driver. It's a nice cruiser.
IMG_5173.jpg

My new GC 4xe ( avg 27mpg) next to my restored 75 Wagoneer w 401 ( avg 7 mpg!)
Wife has an 18 Wrangler.
We should be in a Jeep commercial.

View attachment 1400173
Oh man, that 75 Wagoneer is beautiful! I actually owned one for a short period of time. Got it as part of a package swap deal. It was a rusty hunk of a mess but the 401 ran great. Ended up getting parted/scrapped when a Javelin/AMX guy offered me good money for the engine. Now that I am getting older, I would daily drive a rig like yours.

Last edited:
Not sure if it means anything, but when I listed my Jeeps in post #4, I totally forgot about my wife's daily driver, a 2014 (I think) Jeep Grand Cherokee. It is a very nice daily driver, grandkid hauler, but for some reason my brain considers Jeeps to have removeable tops. Probably because my first was a 1945. My favorite stolen joke about my wife's rig is that we call it Elizabeth Warren... because it is white, but it says it's a Cherokee.

The way the world is going they will have to recall all the Cherokee's and rename them

I know...and I'll sign up for wranglerforum here soon. But, thought i'd ask the B-body crowd if there were any TJ Jeepers out there. Just picked up a rock-solid '06 with the 4.0 and a 6 speed stick. Hard top, full doors, bone stock except for 31x10.5's and a crappy aftermarket radio. It's red...not my favorite, but given the low miles (99k), rock-solid frame and floors, and decent price...I'll live with the red. One owner Jeep, one accident in '07 (right front, set off the bags but I couldn't find any frame damage, only sheetmetal and paint), and that's it.

SO much nicer than my old '92 YJ (soft top, half doors, leaf sprung).

I found the fuse for the door switch dome light override - now my lights come on when I open the doors. Got sockets for the front sidemarker lights, they work now. Put struts on the back window and it doesn't smack my head anymore. Brakes are new all around. Clutch is new. Carpet (cheap aftermarket) is new - it'll stay through winter, then I'm getting the interior line-x'd. Needs roll bar padding, and a bluetooth radio. Already ordered LED headlights (good lord, I forgot how much sealed-beam lights SUCK). Debating aux lights; bumpers; different flares; tires (the 31's look like balloons and they sing like CRAZY on the road)...added some 5/16" spacers on the front wheels to fight the full-lock rub for now, until I get either skinnier tires (stock were 225/75-15), or wheels with a better offset for the 10.5's. I hear some gear noise, especially throttle on/off transitions in second and third (before the wind noise starts) so its' gonna get all new fluids (diffs, trans, transfer). I know the six speed needs a different fluid than the 5 speeds; I wonder if it has the wrong juice in it so I'll just change it all "so I know". It shifts like butter, tons of power, not a hiccup or a tic out of the motor...

...Because I needed another money pit...

But, living on the mountain...this is the best answer for "I want a convertible". Year round use, fun, and a definite easy gift-giving list for all my friends. Not sure what to get me for whatever (birthday, Christmas, etc) holiday? Just come look at the running list on the fridge LOL.

Quadratec...here I come!

View attachment 1399885
He'll yeah....
The CJ is 44 years old. The Rubicon
is an '06.
Owned (and sold) a '78 Wagoneer,
and before that, a '77 J-10.

image005-1.jpgImage03082014111221.jpg

Last edited:
Oh man, that 75 Wagoneer is beautiful! I actually owned one for a short period of time. Got it as part of a package swap deal. It was a rusty hunk of a mess but the 401 ran great. Ended up getting parted/scrapped when a Javelin/AMX guy offered me good money for the engine. Now that I am getting older, I would daily drive a rig like yours.
Mine is from EBay from a few years ago, located in Modesto, 2nd owner. Pulled the rugs and no rust. New interior, added a sniper and now can cold start w the best of them and run every day. Provided I can keep my foot out of it.

67E5817D-EECE-45FC-9879-A27006BCF194.jpeg

I don't consider myself an expert, but have done a few
love 4 wheeling

I helped guided my neighbor to frame off resto of sorts
this 68 Cj5 Willys/Kaiser, used to be his parents
with Burnt Ornge MoPar paint
Darrens 68 Jeep CJ5 photos Attachments 9-20-2016.JPG

Darrens 68 Jeep CJ5 photos Attachments 9-19-2016.JPG

Darrens 68 Jeep CJ5 photos Attachments main tub before paint.JPG

& now I own this
Loaded you name it, it has it (no winch, yet)
Gladiator debadged Launch Edition Limited Rubicon
2020 Gladiator Rubicon - 11-30-2022 1st day 010.JPG

2020 Gladiator Rubicon - 11-30-2022 1st day 004.JPG

2020 Gladiator Rubicon - 11-30-2022 1st day 008 Tires 295-70-17.JPG

I had several over the years too
a 46 & a 47 flat fender Cj2 Willys
a 71 Cj5 lifted fully equiped in college
grew up in HS, with dad with a 73 Cj5 304 3 speed, 4wd Stump Jumpers Club
just a few miles away from the Rubicon Trail, Georgetown area

learn the Jeep wave :poke:

Smiley Jeep Wave Level EXPERT.jpg

Last edited:
Don’t know too much about Jeeps but my friend found out Friday that they put up a good fight with light poles in our parking lot
(Yes unfortunately he was looking at his phone)
1FE39522-C5AD-41D6-9A42-8978DB66AE30.jpeg

Yup
Got me a 77 CJ-5 golden eagle had it since 78. Was a friend's and I bought it after I sold my 76 CJ-5. Did a complete frame off restoration couple years ago. Replaced the tub and some of the frame plus all of the seats
We also have an 18 Moab 4dr JL
Very nice
20220924_200150.jpg
20220924_200243.jpg
20220924_200212.jpg

I had a gladiator rental for a few months last year when my Trailhawk was getting some bodywork done from the off road incident. I had to back down a muddy 1 lane trail in the sierras because I didn’t take the sign seriously.
I don't consider myself an expert, but have done a few
love 4 wheeling

I helped guided my neighbor to frame off resto of sorts
this 68 Cj5 Willys/Kaiser, used to be his parents
with Burnt

& now I own this
Loaded you name it, it has it (no winch, yet)
Gladiator debadged Launch Edition Limited

I had several over the years too
a 46 & a 47 flat fender Cj2 Willys
a 71 Cj5 lifted fully equiped in college
grew up in HS, with dad with a 73 Cj5 304 3 speed, 4wd Stump Jumpers Club
just a few miles away from the Rubicon Trail, Georgetown area

learn the Jeep

0E94E073-CBB9-4C07-A95F-368FB59636DB.jpeg

91CA3FA4-9AF9-454A-8F05-5D3AE22F5F56.jpeg

8963C6D6-E202-4C81-8716-91CA1ADE69D8.jpeg

I had to put tires on my 06 when I got it and while researching what would fit I came across a few articles talking about some serious steering issues, similar to the Ford death wobble, that can occur with certain lifts. Not saying don't lift it, but make sure whatever you do won't cause you a lot of grief. My experience with lift kits in the past is that cheap kits will get you taller, but they rarely drive well.

Don’t know too much about Jeeps but my friend found out Friday that they put up a good fight with light poles in our parking lot
View attachment 1400769
My dad used to tell me I couldn't
walk and chew bubblegum at the
same time. LOL
I guess the same could be said in
this instance.

View attachment 1400769
Wow! Quite a hit, but it also reveals that the light post's concrete base was not set deep enough into the ground. We installed a bunch on one of my jobs, and the bases were spec'd to bottom out 48" below grade.

Welp.

Found the source of my gear whine.

Trans drain plug
IMG_20230112_153034169.jpg

Anyone have a spare NSG370 six speed for a 4.0 laying around?

I have a 16 Sahara, miss my 96 XJ, my daughter wishes she still fit in hers, that kid loves Jeeps.
20190727_140228.jpg
20190525_121909.jpg
20190525_202334.jpg

I know...and I'll sign up for wranglerforum here soon. But, thought i'd ask the B-body crowd if there were any TJ Jeepers out there. Just picked up a rock-solid '06 with the 4.0 and a 6 speed stick. Hard top, full doors, bone stock except for 31x10.5's and a crappy aftermarket radio. It's red...not my favorite, but given the low miles (99k), rock-solid frame and floors, and decent price...I'll live with the red. One owner Jeep, one accident in '07 (right front, set off the bags but I couldn't find any frame damage, only sheetmetal and paint), and that's it.

I found the fuse for the door switch dome light override - now my lights come on when I open the doors. Got sockets for the front sidemarker lights, they work now. Put struts on the back window and it doesn't smack my head anymore. Brakes are new all around. Clutch is new. Carpet (cheap aftermarket) is new - it'll stay through winter, then I'm getting the interior line-x'd. Needs roll bar padding, and a bluetooth radio. Already ordered LED headlights (good lord, I forgot how much sealed-beam lights SUCK). Debating aux lights; bumpers; different flares; tires (the 31's look like balloons and they sing like CRAZY on the road)...added some 5/16" spacers on the front wheels to fight the full-lock rub for now, until I get either skinnier tires (stock were 225/75-15), or wheels with a better offset for the 10.5's. I hear some gear noise, especially throttle on/off transitions in second and third (before the wind noise starts) so its' gonna get all new fluids (diffs, trans, transfer). I know the six speed needs a different fluid than the 5 speeds; I wonder if it has the wrong juice in it so I'll just change it all "so I know". It shifts like butter, tons of power, not a hiccup or a tic out of the motor...

But, living on the mountain...this is the best answer for "I want a convertible". Year round use, fun, and a definite easy gift-giving list for all my friends. Not sure what to get me for whatever (birthday, Christmas, etc) holiday? Just come look at the running list on the fridge LOL.

Quadratec...here I come!

View attachment 1399885

Quadratec...here I come!

View attachment 1399885

Auto Transport Service
Back