• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any one remove '63 dash bezel

44070dart

Local time
8:47 AM
Reaction score
was wondering if anyone has removed a dash bezel from a '63 Fury.. I need to restore mine and wondering if there is any surprises I should look forward to getting mine out .... it's this type

s-l225.jpg

was wondering if anyone has removed a dash bezel from a '63 Fury.. I need to restore mine and wondering if there is any surprises I should look forward to getting mine out .... it's this type

View attachment 706709

Disconnect the battery. Remove the 4 obvious screws and pull the cluster out a couple of inches so you can access the speedometer cable nut. Unscrew the nut, pull out a little further and disconnect any plug or cable attached to the cluster. Easy to do. Also, put a towel on the steering column under the cluster so you don't scratch the column. Good luck...

View attachment 706709
"Dart"
When I've removed mine I also have removed the steering wheel and loosened a little,
the steering column hoop at the bottom og the dash. Makes it real easy to remove
w/o scratching anything.
RR

Auto Transport Service
Back