• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any pics of b body with 18” or bigger wheels ?

The 17" aftermarket versions of the Mopar Rallye wheel is a great design.
Absolutely agree!
20191124_145848.jpg

315/35/17 rear w/stock everything at the time and perfectly centered w/NO rubbing. 9x17 w/5" backspace
245/45/17 front 8x17 w/4½" backspace

I would expect a 315 to look too wide on a 9 inch wide wheel. I have 295s on a 10. Yours look good.

I would expect a 315 to look too wide on a 9 inch wide wheel. I have 295s on a 10. Yours look good.
Thanks KD
You may know, but those Toyo Proxes TQ drag radials are the first and only tires I've ever used on those Year One Rallye wheels. I took a guess as to what the widest tire in a 17" could fit on the wheels I had just ordered...without rubbing on the car and not looking like they were bulging on a wheel too narrow for the tire.
315/35 specs:
  • Section Width:12.6"
  • Tread Width:11.7"
  • Overall Diameter:25.6"
Next tires are I'm going to try the same Toyo Proxes TQ in their 345/40 size. If they don't fit, I'll send them back and get the 315/35. I am a little more concerned about my 9" wide wheel with these, but I have to see how they look mounted.
According to the specs, the "larger" tire is:
  • Section Width:13.7"
  • Tread Width:13.4"
  • Overall Diameter:27.7"

Thanks KD
You may know, but those Toyo Proxes TQ drag radials are the first and only tires I've ever used on those Year One Rallye wheels. I took a guess as to what the widest tire in a 17" could fit on the wheels I had just ordered...without rubbing on the car and not looking like they were bulging on a wheel too narrow for the tire.
315/35 specs:
  • Section Width:12.6"
  • Tread Width:11.7"
  • Overall Diameter:25.6"
Next tires are I'm going to try the same Toyo Proxes TQ in their 345/40 size. If they don't fit, I'll send them back and get the 315/35. I am a little more concerned about my 9" wide wheel with these, but I have to see how they look mounted.
According to the specs, the "larger" tire is:
  • Section Width:13.7"
  • Tread Width:13.4"
  • Overall Diameter:27.7"
BIO, i'm thinking that you'll find those to be too wide for a 9" wheel. The taller the sidewall the more you can cheat on the wheel width to tread width spread but much over 2 difference is pushing it. The 315/35's call for a min. of a 10.5 wide wheel. The combo you have looks pretty sweet as is.

Last edited:
The 315/35's call for a min. of a 10.5 wide wheel. The combo you have looks pretty sweet as is.
I appreciate that, and you are probably right regarding "pushing" the cheat on a wider tire or a wheel that is narrower than what the tire manufacturer recommends.
I wasn't concerned about looks so much as having a little taller sidewall, and trying to get the widest tread contact as possible.
Maybe I should try these and if they fit I can buy a 2nd pair of rear wheels because these would definitely be ONLY for the race track!!
Screenshot_20210310-075717_Chrome.jpg

That would provide the taller sidewall I'm looking for at the track, and I'm good per manufacturer with wheel width.

Also keep in mind the width is measured from inside lip to inside lip so a 9" wide rim is usually 10" overall and a 10" wide rim is 11" overall. Agreed, it does look good.

71 Charger SE. No wheelwell or leaf spring modifications. Wheel centers painted Porsche Agate Grey Metallic. Passenger rear rubs on occasion. It would not, if rear end was moved just a 3/8" or even less to driver side
Nitto NT555 245/45/18 on 18x8 Fiske FM5, 4.375" backspace
Nitto NT05 295/45/18 on 18 x 9.5 Fiske FM5, 5.375" backspace

IMG_9497.JPEG IMG_9542.JPEG IMG_9543.JPEG IMG_9635.JPEG IMG_9546.JPEG

Auto Transport Service
Back