• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any predictions???

And people thought it wouldn't go 11.80. Just goes to show you that all the strokers,
new pistons, nice bore/hone, fancy ring packs, and compression aren't what everybody thinks. A lot of overkill on street motors.
Doug

And people thought it wouldn't go 11.80. Just goes to show you that all the strokers,
new pistons, nice bore/hone, fancy ring packs, and compression aren't what everybody thinks. A lot of overkill on street motors.
Doug

Exactly. I usually tell guys that are on a real tight budget to skip building the bottom end and put all the money into the heads. Most posters will take exception to that approach.

And beyond the unnecessary big $ short blocks, don't forget the "must have" 0.300" rocker shaft spacers for that perfect rocker arm geometry.

I set my shift light for 6000.
Put a rev limiter chip of 6300
I wouldn't even get to 5400 without stumbling so the shift light never went on.

Seems like it would need to go 6000+ to get to 116 mph.

Thanks for including us on this and your previous journey. It's been fun to follow along. Keep posting.

Doug
I learned here too.

Seems like it would need to go 6000+ to get to 116 mph.

Thanks for including us on this and your previous journey. It's been fun to follow along. Keep posting.
But I did hit 116!
Thanks for the replies.

Screenshot_20191111-114717_Gallery.jpg

If you could have had some time to get the stumble and bog off the line sorted out it would probably crack the 10 second ET. As mentioned earlier a well sorted out chassis along with some decent cylinder heads and camshaft a BBM will run.

I was 'kind of close' on the 1st full pass
of my org. range of the low prediction of 11.59 (?)
almost 400hp @ 3100#'s,
I thought that was being really optimistic too...

timing helps a low compression combo, a Band-aide
to spin up faster
not a lot of chance or less chance for detonation
what'd you run like 38*- 40* BTDC total ?
or were you conservative & running like 34*-36*'s ?

the car chassis/suspension, is set up & works well

If you could have had some time to get the stumble and bog off the line sorted out it would probably crack the 10 second ET. As mentioned earlier a well sorted out chassis along with some decent cylinder heads and camshaft a BBM will run.
Depending on weather, I may have another 2 weekends at test n tune before they shut down.
I'm going to give it a shot!

I was 'kind of close' on the 1st full pass
of my org. range of the low prediction of 11.59 (?)
almost 400hp @ 3100#'s,
I thought that was being really optimistic too...

timing helps a low compression combo Band-aide
to spin up faster
not a lot of chance for detonation
what'd you run like 38*- 40* BTDC total ?
or were you conservative & running like 34*-36*'s ?

the car chassis/suspension, is set up & works well
I originally started it for the first time and it had 33* in it. At the track I bumped it to 36*.

FWIW, I've gone 42° in this kind of air and it kept picking up. Frankly didn't have the nerve to go 44°.

Keep us posted.

Well , I was only a whole second off my guess ,lol, how small is that small hydr. roller cam ?.

Well , I was only a whole second off my guess ,lol, how small is that small hydr. roller cam ?.
Don't remember off the top of my head.
It's in the .540ish range

I'm scouring salvage yards for Chrysler Imperial's for my next engine...:thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back