• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any Steve McQueen Fans

The black Charger rocks in the Vanishing movie to! Two good movies with a black Charger, love that year...

Bullitt Mustang & Charger

Some more Steve McQueen 68 390 GT Mustang & 68 Black Charger R/T "Bullitt"....

Attachments

• 68 Charger RT Bullitt chargair.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 338
  • 68 Mustang 390 GT Steve McQueen chase scene Bullitt.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 357
  • 68 Mustang 390 GT Steve McQueen form Bullitt @ Columbus st..jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 336
  • 68 Mustang 390 GT Steve McQueen smoken.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 346
  • Steve McQueen in Bullitt shifting his 68 Mustang GT.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 340
yes, he (McQueen) was cool....I had a best friend looked and acted like him...
died at 19. (auto accident)

"live fast die young make a....."
was my friends mission statement of life.
he was also 2-COOL.:cool::cool:.

*he turned me on to mopars @ 16.

I remember going to the drive in and seeing him in the the movie "the thing"

Pretty cheesy movie now-a-days, but we were scared as kids to where we were afraid to get out of bed to use the bathroom when we got home.

Steve McQueen was The King of Cool without question. Loved him in Great Escape and Bullit.

How many times have you watched the chase scene in Bullitt? I lost count years ago. For my money still the best car chase ever. Watch out for the flying Charger hubcaps. There's lots of them.:3gears:

Steve McQueen is awesome. I remember watching his movies as a kid. It wasn't until the early 2000's when I read about how much of a car guy he was. From what I read, he was really into realism. The Bullit chase scene is the ultimate. I watch it at least 2-3 times a year still. In fact I'm going to watch it now!

That movie is also the reason why I own a Mustang and a Charger. They are two cars I really love!

How many times have you watched the chase scene in Bullitt? I lost count years ago. For my money still the best car chase ever. Watch out for the flying Charger hubcaps. There's lots of them.:3gears:

x2

The Charger looses at least 5 hubcaps.

I read an article in Motor Trend years ago about the chase scene and the Mustang was heavily modified but the Charger was left stock. Bill Hickman, the ledgendary stunt driver, was in the Charger and he said he had to keep letting off the gas because the Mustang couldn't keep up.

x2

I read an article in Motor Trend years ago about the chase scene and the Mustang was heavily modified but the Charger was left stock. Bill Hickman, the ledgendary stunt driver, was in the Charger and he said he had to keep letting off the gas because the Mustang couldn't keep up.

If you count it's more like 7-9 hubcaps :argue: lost off the Bad A$$ Tripple Black 68 Charger R/T 440 4spd.... :headbang:

x2

Thats cool!

x2

I went to a weekly car show in phoenix a while back and a guy was there with a 68 charger, got talking with him and his uncle was Bill Hickman and he told me alot of interesting things about the movie that his uncle told him. The scene where the charger and mustang where side by side before the charger hit the gas station there was a bar welded between the mustang and the charger and the charger didn't have a engine and the driver of the mustang had a release lever .

That's cool to know

I went to a weekly car show in phoenix a while back and a guy was there with a 68 charger, got talking with him and his uncle was Bill Hickman and he told me alot of interesting things about the movie that his uncle told him. The scene where the charger and mustang where side by side before the charger hit the gas station there was a bar welded between the mustang and the charger and the charger didn't have a engine and the driver of the mustang had a release lever .

FuryFrank anymore cool stories you can share ?? :argue:

Still my favorite car chase scene in a movie with the streets of San Francisco and the black Charger R/T. What's up with the sound when the Mustang shifted? Sounds like hitting the go pedal twice. Was it double clutching an synchronized tranny

Attachments

• tumblr_m98yoh39PU1qm86t3o1_500.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 284
  • tumblr_m7pgnaxLYC1qdkeiao1_500.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 283
  • tumblr_lyz1kmUf331qbxo6jo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_lyz1kmUf331qbxo6jo1_500.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 254
  • tumblr_m98z5pELeO1qm86t3o1_500.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 286
  • tumblr_m98yg5PuzI1qm86t3o1_500.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 237
too many shifts...LOL...

Still my favorite car chase scene in a movie with the streets of San Francisco and the black Charger R/T. What's up with the sound when the Mustang shifted? Sounds like hitting the go pedal twice. Was it double clutching an synchronized tranny

Yep, it also had to be about an 18 speed, to have to shift, that many times too... Just over the top added sound track, I'm sure... I use to know a bunch of guys who did that, no need when you shift at the correct RPM's... :headbang:

Also remember it was the 60s and he would go out and play games with the police they couldn't catch him and many times they would just give up.

That's funny, messing with the police to get his Joly's, sounds familiar & like a few people I know....

Also remember it was the 60s and he would go out and play games with the police they couldn't catch him and many times they would just give up.

Bill was also a buddy of James Dean in the 50's. He was following a couple miles behind Dean when he wrecked his Porshe and was the first at the scene. Dean took his last breath right in front of him.

Bill also planned the scenes and drove cars in The French Connection and The Seven-Ups. He played the bad guy driver again in The Seven-Ups. He was part of the three greatest chase scenes in movie history.

Auto Transport Service
Back