• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any tank nuts here? WW1, WW2 Korea, Vietnam?

Cool photos Snakeyes !!!!!!!!!!!!

I like the Stuart .....................

Was the PT-76 one of your own photos ?????????

Thanks for your service too.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't see many Sherman recovery vehicles, much less one with "3 bar cleat" tracks.

Cool posts, Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for sharing your Tiger crewman story Ron.

3rd Cav M60A1 Reforger 83 1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

This is our unit in Germany for "Reforger 83"

It's a M-60A2 "Starship" They didn't make too many of them.

Somewhere I have a photo of myself standing next to one in Germany. It was the only one I ever saw.

- - - Updated - - -

Here are a few Korean War era color photos I found on the net...............

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_5946.JPGIMG_5979.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

A couple of Sherman's.................

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_5956.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

This one is either a M-26 Pershing or a M-46 Patton. There are a few subtle differences between the two. I'm pretty sure the muzzle break is one of the changes.

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_5978.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

This last one is either a M-10 or a M-36

Another cool pic Snakeyes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

632_20Panther.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I was doing some research for the latest Panther model I was building. I ran across some cool original WW2 photos.

- - - Updated - - -

11PDPanther251_9BadKotzingML.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

131-disc-bulge.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

It was common practice for Allied tankers for fire a few rounds into any German tank they encountered to see if "anybody was home". Here is proof of that practice. Notice the number of hits on the side of the turret and hull...................

- - - Updated - - -

Destroyed_Panther_tank_.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

0F64C5CE-4FA5-45D0-834E-298D9E189F43-657-000001C9387D98E1.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-301-1954-06_Nordfrankreich_Panzer_V_Panther_in_Ortschaft.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

The Panther has always been one of my favorites......................

Here's one for head scratchers: Chrysler pitched this TV-8 in the 1950s. The turret was water-tight, this tank would float on water and be propelled with water jets. The prototype had a 300 hp V-8 driving the treads electrically, with both gas turbine and nuclear power designs shown for the field version. A crew of four looked outside via television screens, designed so they wouldn't go blind if facing a nuclear blast.

Chrysler-TV-8-military-tank.jpgChrysler-TV-8-tank-1.jpg

It didn't enter production, as the Army decided it had no real advantages over tanks already in operation.

think that turret shape would be a huge shot trap :eusa_think:

a few Sherman's including a pommy take on "rocket firing"

sherman.jpgsherman Tulip_rocket-600x465.jpgsherman _Attaching_60_pdr_Warheads.jpgsherman Tulip_rocket 2.jpg

is that Leopold or Gustav ?[video]https://youtu.be/Hf3fgfHoTOc[/video]

it was a private museum, all you had to do was rock up and knock on the door . this poor old guy(collector) got screwed without the aid of :ky:

So now if you have a museum, you're classified as a 'hoarder'? And the V-1 wasn't a rocket, it was jet powered. And the engine is missing. Looks like a video compiled by The National Intruder magazine.

so the government takes his **** (after he has spent how much and how many hours restoring it )and now he has to fight to get it back . bet it end up in the Deutsches Panzer museum Munster (DPM) . this sort of **** pisses me off , that tank is worth serious coin and so is the 88. wonder if they will compensate him

Auto Transport Service
Back