• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any tank nuts here? WW1, WW2 Korea, Vietnam?

Tamiya Panther D    006.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

and I did the same treatment on the inner portion of the wheels where the guides rubbed against the area too.

- - - Updated - - -

Tamiya Panther D    005.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

now I have to finish up the other side...................................

driveline is looking good , often wondered if the centre guides were "noisy " while wearing the wheels like that .
what about that Russian tank moving after sitting all that time :eusa_think:
the stug iv is the dragon late war "smart kit " the L70 barrel was meant for an E25 but its now going to be part of a diorama "could of , should of , would of ? "
seems like a natural projection , the Germans were fitting the L70 gun to everything they could . so it was only a matter of time till the stug's got it to :eusa_think:

few stug pics
stug 3 concrete.jpgStug 4concrete_armor_on_Stug 4.jpgstug 4.jpgstug 4 .2.jpgstug 4.3.jpgStuG3scalloped.jpgstug shirtzen.jpgstug f.jpgstug d.jpg

stug 3 concrete.jpg Stug 4concrete_armor_on_Stug 4.jpg stug 4.jpg stug 4 .2.jpg stug 4.3.jpg StuG3scalloped.jpg stug shirtzen.jpg stug f.jpg stug d.jpg

IMG_5158.jpgIMG_5159.jpgIMG_5160.jpgIMG_5161.jpgIMG_5162.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a King Tiger that I built a few years back...................

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_5176.jpgIMG_5177.jpgIMG_5178.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

and a Panzer "Mark 4"......................................

- - - Updated - - -

The mark 4 has "mud" all over the suspension. I used real sand mixed with white glue to simulate the mud. Then I mixed in an appropriate "mud" color paint and brushed it on the model.

IMG_5158.jpg IMG_5159.jpg IMG_5160.jpg IMG_5161.jpg IMG_5162.jpg IMG_5176.jpg IMG_5177.jpg IMG_5178.jpg

didn't know where to post these so here they are enjoy . german wwII foot/ personal locker/box found in Russian battlefield by metal detectorists . might be old news to some (2008) but amazed me .
warning lotsa pics
russian-wwii-battlefield-finds-lotsa-pictures-1.jpgrussian-wwii-battlefield-finds-lotsa-pictures-2.jpgrussian-wwii-battlefield-finds-lotsa-pictures-3.jpgrussian-wwii-battlefield-finds-lotsa-pictures-4.jpgrussian-wwii-battlefield-finds-lotsa-pictures-5.jpgrussian-wwii-battlefield-finds-lotsa-pictures-6.jpgrussian-wwii-battlefield-finds-lotsa-pictures-7.jpgrussian-wwii-battlefield-finds-lotsa-pictures-8.jpgrussian-wwii-battlefield-finds-lotsa-pictures-9.jpgrussian-wwii-battlefield-finds-lotsa-pictures-10.jpgrussian-wwii-battlefield-finds-lotsa-pictures-14.jpgrussian-wwii-battlefield-finds-lotsa-pictures-15.jpgrussian-wwii-battlefield-finds-lotsa-pictures-17.jpgrussian-wwii-battlefield-finds-lotsa-pictures-a.jpgrussian-wwii-battlefield-finds-lotsa-pictures-b.jpg

russian-wwii-battlefield-finds-lotsa-pictures-1.jpg russian-wwii-battlefield-finds-lotsa-pictures-2.jpg russian-wwii-battlefield-finds-lotsa-pictures-3.jpg russian-wwii-battlefield-finds-lotsa-pictures-4.jpg russian-wwii-battlefield-finds-lotsa-pictures-5.jpg russian-wwii-battlefield-finds-lotsa-pictures-6.jpg russian-wwii-battlefield-finds-lotsa-pictures-7.jpg russian-wwii-battlefield-finds-lotsa-pictures-8.jpg russian-wwii-battlefield-finds-lotsa-pictures-9.jpg russian-wwii-battlefield-finds-lotsa-pictures-10.jpg russian-wwii-battlefield-finds-lotsa-pictures-14.jpg russian-wwii-battlefield-finds-lotsa-pictures-15.jpg russian-wwii-battlefield-finds-lotsa-pictures-17.jpg russian-wwii-battlefield-finds-lotsa-pictures-a.jpg russian-wwii-battlefield-finds-lotsa-pictures-b.jpg

That last photo above is an ammo container full of 3.7cm AT rounds They are extremely dangerous.
I have built many 1/35 scale tanks in my day. I started building 1/6 scale tanks,trucks and APC's. They are huge and are crewed bu 12" tall figures in all of the correct uniforms, equipment and weapons. I used to display them in VA at the National D-Day Memorial in Bedford, VA.

The Meijer in Troy,MI off Coolidge hwy south of 15 Mile Rd used to be a tank plant at one point. Not sure who operated it and in what period, but that's what everyone tells me. I love the idea of these beasts being assembled in my own backyard, though the plant was long gone when i came along. Anyone know anything more about it?

Many of these will be going to The Collings Foundation here in MA. Can't wait to see them!

Almost all of the Armored vehicles and Tanks from the Jaques Littlefield collection in Portola,CA. have been , or will be shipped to the Collings Foundation, in Stowe MA. Most of if not all of the spare or multiple vehicles have been sold off, last year. The Panther tank in Richard Cranium's posting is one of less than a handful of this example that have been restored to running condition. A close friend of mine worked on that particular restoration and another close friend is in charge of readying and transporting ALL of these tanks, etc in their move to Stowe.

Great thread!! I was used as a tank driver on the M48 & 60. I had to drive with the hatch closed at night when it was pouring rain and i hated doing that. Looking through those periscopes gave you a very narrow view field. With the hatch open the seat came up and it wasn't to bad but you still always had to have radio communications with the TC (tank commander) You climbed in and out through the turret from your seat and if the power was still on you dam well made sure everyone knew you were coming out.

Auto Transport Service
Back