• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any thoughts on this welder??

Yeah, I couldn't believe it myself. I looked at Miller and Lincoln, they were at minimun 1500 bones. So I think I might be getting the Eastwood welder asap.

We had one. The transformer went bad in it and they sent a whole new welder to replace it. It's made in China, but it did a pretty good job. We actually ended up selling it because we no longer do fab work but it's still goin strong.

Yeah i was gonna say they aren't made here, everything i tried from china failed numerous times....

I try to advise people lookin for a welder to look for a high percentage duty cycle. That USUALLY indicatates a good transformer. I agree about the China stuff. I try to steer clear of electrical products from there. It's not all bad, but the thing is, it's so inconsistant you just don't know what you're going to get. I think that's pretty much true industry wide with chinese products.

Some of the China stuff is fair, and some sucks. Light-duty cycles and thin material may make it last. They usually go the cheapest on the things that count. Like a good torch, or foot control. If the unit itself goes bad, there are MANY sites out there that show you how to repair, and up-grade the weakest links of the Chinese units. Which is ok if it is for home-use, but not if you are in a business. At least Eastwood seems to stand behind their stuff pretty well.

I ordered the Eastwood tig welder today. I chose this one over the Longevity 200sx for 1 reason, the Eastwood uses industry consumables, which I can get at my local welding supply shop. The Longevity uses a bastard torch which is proprietary to their stuff, but it does have a 5 year warranty whereas the Eastwood has a 3 year warranty. To me that was worth it to be able to get stuff locally that I will need.

My new welder will be here today, I'm chomping at the bit to get started with it.

Welder is here, now I gotta get a bottle.

Got the bottle and started to melt aluminum. The torch is fine, but it has a finger control that is all or nothing. I prefer the pedal, and I was comfortable using it after about 1/2 hr and I like the panel controls. I finally got it working to a setting that is perfect for the thickness of aluminum I'm welding. I still need to get used to using all my sense's, eye, hands, foot, but the most difficult is depth perception, grounded the tungsten alot, but I'll get it.

Overall, it's a good machine for the price.

Sweet!
"We" have covered this topic before and I'm sure that is made in Europe, not China.
It's supposed to be a great unit!
Let us know, I might get one soon...
Thanks 5.7 hemi...
Take your time ...
"super-bee_ski"

What about the cobra torch(I think) its like a jeweler torch & aluminum rods or metal rods for sheet metal,friend of mine has one & It works awesome..about 400 plus tanks..seen him weld aluminum then metal & both are supposedly called cold welds..not brittle like migs..Anyone use them here on autobody?

The thing about the "aluminum rods" is that they are zinc based and when polished there is a difference in color.

The Eastwood Tig 200 is a pretty nice welder. My "dime" stacking is getting better, although my welds get ground down and polished, I have no complaints. The torch itself is good, but the trigger on it is all or nothing, unlike the foot pedal where you can increase or decrease the amps.

Auto Transport Service
Back