• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any tips on tuning Edelbrock 1412 800 cfm Performer?

There is a old book from the early '80s by Dave Emanuel "Super Tuning and Modifying Carter Carburetors". There is also an updated version from a few years back as well as some factory racing literature/stuff from back in the day. None will replace the experience of learning like lewto184 seems to have, but all will go a long way towards getting you up to speed with the basics. You could buy years ago the "Street/Strip" kit from Carter. Mine had maybe 100 pcs in it including squirters as i recall. None of the stripped down empty boxes Edelbrock sells now are anywhere near that complete and cost way more. I've seen the old ones online and at swap meets, no way to tell if they are complete, but always worth looking.
The AVS is a very tuneable carburetor.

I adjusted the choke a little further yesterday and took it for another drive. Seems to be running pretty good now. No stumbles or bogs during the drive. Seems responsive.

Thanks everyone.

Auto Transport Service
Back