• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any up to date internet radio users here.....

bandit67

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:13 PM
Reaction score
Guys, I have several net radios I use in the house and shop. Unfortunately for me, ALL of them use the Receiva technology that has been stopped. I see C Crane has gone to Skytune, which I understand, can also be stopped any in the future. Are there any other choices for that use. Im in the market to replace my old A/V receivers and am not sure what they have gone to for this purpose. Don't want to purchase a receiver that does not have the new working platform. I use to stay up with the ever changing audio-video world but not much anymore. Thanks for any up to date info.......

I have a sirius subscription and either plug in a small portable receiver I have, or just stream through my phone. Headphone-jack it to the stereo system. Not exactly what you were asking, I know....but it works for me.

I built a 15 watt FM transmitter. It can be set from 88Mhz to 107Mhz. And transmit to any FM receiver. Lately tho... last 10 years, I just stream on the phone.

I just play CD's

They have the best audio quality anyway

I stream SiriusXM and Spotify through my phone and connect to Bluetooth speakers in the garage. Works for me.

They have the best audio quality anyway

Oof.

You should find some vinyl, a good turntable, and some decent speakers sometime. It'll help you understand what 'compression' is, and why digital is...acceptable, but not a go-to for true audiophiles.

Auto Transport Service
Back