• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody know the NAPA pilot bearing part number?

chargervert

Local time
3:28 AM
Reaction score
Napa used to sell a pilot bushing that was slightly undersized to use in crankshafts in automatic cars that were drilled from the factory,but weren't final drilled for factory manual transmissions. I had bought them on several occaisions,does anyone know the Napa part number for these pilot bearings. I found it once in a Mopar tech article in Mopar action magazine. I figured I would ask,before I look through 500 Mopar magazines to try to find the article! Thanks Pete.

p4876056aa
53009180ab
Here’s a couple of mopar part numbers, one of them should still be good, you should be able to get one of them from your local mopar dealer for fairly cheap. If not other vendors like brewers sells them too. You won’t have to worry about under or over sized traditional bushings this way

F1AF1DA6-9683-4731-A131-8878775824D0.jpeg

Actually it is a Dorman product ID 3/4 OD.885 Dorman number 690-025

I’d just measure the hole and go buy it at McMaster. Costs about $2, arrives the next day.

Als rapid transit is still listing them on his site,so I will try to get one from him. Thanks everyone for your help!

FYI, my new clutch disc came with both sizes.

Pioneer used to make them but often they caused problems

Perfect fit and a worthwhile upgrade.

When I originally put my combo together years back, the crank was drilled but not reamed. I made a bushing to fit (turned down), but could not get the run out under .007" I think. I always had a slight vibration with the clutch engaged at higher rpms and wondered if that was the reason.
This year I replaced it with the above bearing, run out .001", and the operation is much smoother, that vibration is gone

Much thanks FBBO members. I ordered a bushing from Al's. To have such a small part keep me from squezzing this monstrous 528 into the engine compartment is very humbling. Thanks again!

Just to be clear, that's a pic of the bushing that fits the drilled and reamed crank, not the needle bearing referenced in this thread.

Edit: I re-read the first post, and I see that is what was requested.
I think the needle bearing is better though.

Auto Transport Service
Back