• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone do a Lincoln Locker or better yet, a Miller Locker?

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:42 AM
Reaction score
Going to do it to my 95....not hauling anything heavy in it anymore so why not and have some fun. Was thinking about pulling the axles and dropping the carrier out and doing it on a bench after laying protective wrap on the ring gear etc but thinking since it's never been apart (never had an oil change either), may as well not bother disturbing stuff. Will just lay in some grease on the ring and protect the rest of the vitals one way or another.

No. Fortunately, I have always been a big kid. I probably deserved it sometimes. LOL
I was one of the small kids and being from the north in a southern school, I was always having to watch my back.....but never got stuffed in a locker either! Whoreray!!

Going to do it to my 95....not hauling anything heavy in it anymore so why not and have some fun. Was thinking about pulling the axles and dropping the carrier out and doing it on a bench after laying protective wrap on the ring gear etc but thinking since it's never been apart (never had an oil change either), may as well not bother disturbing stuff. Will just lay in some grease on the ring and protect the rest of the vitals one way or another.

What rear was being used in '95 ? I'm drawing a blank.

I have the 9.25 in my 03 Rebuilt it the other year. Different animal for sure.

If you really don't care about the rearend it's a cheap way to build a locker, did it many times on Saturday night dirt track cars. Never really had any failures at the dirt tracks but when we did it to street cars, welds had a tendency to fail after a while and the spiders just started beating the crap out of each other getting shrapnel everywhere.... that and the ratcheting/chirping the inside tire makes in corners. IMO street no, dirt yes.... probably preaching to the choir tho
https://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/xlarge/pwt-1230-lr_xl.jpg Pretty cheap option if you want to keep your rear end alive on the street.

Last edited:
Ohh.. misread title. Was thinking
1695994458923.png
1695994570682.png

If you really don't care about the rearend it's a cheap way to build a locker, did it many times on Saturday night dirt track cars. Never really had any failures at the dirt tracks but when we did it to street cars, welds had a tendency to fail after a while and the spiders just started beating the crap out of each other getting shrapnel everywhere.... that and the ratcheting/chirping the inside tire makes in corners. IMO street no, dirt yes.... probably preaching to the choir tho
https://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/xlarge/pwt-1230-lr_xl.jpg Pretty cheap option if you want to keep your rear end alive on the street.
Not exactly that cheap but I'm still living pre-covid....

Auto Transport Service
Back