• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone eating Lutefisk this season?

Balut,, Lutefisk, MukTuk, Mikt,, moose nose jelly. Casi Marzu....
I think I'll stick to the vomit that comes up everytime I think about eating any of this....
My grandparents were from Poland and the Ukraine and some of the traditional meals were a little different , kazanka blood sausage, noski- pigs feet, but the only one I couldn't stand was czarna...duck blood soup. Grandma would put a lot of prunes to sweeten it but yuuck!!!

Got Polish ( lots of it ) in my heritage and I'll stick to eating Kielbasa - never heard of lutefisk . . . think I'll pass . . .

Cant wait to get to New Orleans for Boudin.
Boudin is, from what all of this other stuff sounds like, WAY better.
There are a few kinds of boudin:
Pork, crawfish, seafood....all cooked, mixed with cooked white rice and stuffed in a sausage casing...
YUMMIE! I used to eat a link for breakfast about every other day.
Crawfish boudin is my favorite, but a really meaty pork boudin is hard to beat. You can tell when you look at it, it's not too "white" looking because of the high meat to rice ratio.
Best boudin that is readily available and consistently good, served year round is at Tony's Seafood on in Baton Rouge, LA. 5215 Plank Road

Aaah duck blood soup...I've tried that and couldn't stand it even before they told me what it was!
It's funny how so many cultures have so much great food, and then a famously disgusting one..
I guess it's through attrition that we've ( western society) now turn our noses up at a lot of foods that sustained our cultures for hundreds of years.
We'll eat a nasty *** McDonalds burger but flip our lids even thinking about eating some traditional meals....Its really kind if sad when you think about it...feels like I'm betraying my ancestors/heritage.
As for boudin awesome stuff. I had some the other night steamed. Grilled is really good too !

Ok I looked it up because I didn't know what it was or how it was made .
Have to be honest doesn't sound very tasty . Am I wrong or is it as bad taste wise as the recipes make it sound ?

I will for sure try the keyma.
It's hard to find it anywhere anymore, what with the E.coli scare and all...even at Armenian or Mediterranean places. Anyone feeling adventurous can PM me for grampy's recipe!

It's also good cut into 2" long pieces and FRIED!
There's a little donut shop around the corner that's owned by some Cambodians they have a boudin kolache....those are wicked good!!!

Last edited:
There a little donut shop around the corner that's owned by some Cambodians they have a boudin kolache....those are wicked good!!!

A bug larva crueler doesn't sound too good to me.

o.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back