• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone familiar with 09 Saturn Vue Charging System?

1 Wild R/T

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:13 AM
Reaction score
So, trying to help a friend... His daughter (In College) has a 09 Saturn Vue that quit charging... He put a new alternator & battery on it before getting ahold of me... I confirmed it's running on the battery, there's continuity from the output of the alternator to the + battery post... There are two other wires to the alternator which my reading on the internet seems to indicate both go straight to the PCM.... One appears to be a switched 12V line & the other a PWM grd...

Similar to what Mopar did starting around the early 90's... And which is prone to failing on those vehicles with a common work around being to pull the wires from the PCM connector & wire in an older style voltage regulator...

I was considering trying that but further reading points to the fact on these newer OBDII vehicles that will set a fault code and living here an California that means it won't pass smog....

So.... Question for those who might know... Some of my reading suggests the alternator is controlled by the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) & other posts indicate it's a function of the BCM (Body Control Module)..... Does anyone know for sure & do you know of a company that sells pre-flashed PCMs/BCMs for Saturns...

Oh, this Schematic has yet another Acronym ECM (Engine Control Module)

IMG_8117.jpg

Last edited:
Funny, exactly who I found too... And I've found them mentioned in a few Saturn forums too..

Thanks!

If it helps, the same platform (Theta) was used on the Chevrolet Equinox, Pontiac Torrent and the GMC Terrain of those years.

Auto Transport Service
Back