• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone have pictures of a 71 Charger bucket seat reinforcement plate installed?

70chall440

Local time
7:17 AM
Reaction score
As the title says, I am looking for a picture of the bucket seat reinforcement plate location in a 71 B body (charger if it matters). I see USCT sells a kit but I am trying to work out where they would go.

Thanks

It may be pictured in the FSM. If you dont have one I can look at mine when I get back later

I can get you pics in the morning.

It may be pictured in the FSM. If you dont have one I can look at mine when I get back later
I appreciate the responses.

I looked at the factory books and finally found a pic of sorts in the assembly manual and I found a pic online of a guy putting a 4spd hump into a 71 Charger and it showed the brackets.

So, next question is how thick are those plates? I am just going to make some out of 14g sheet metal I think.

14ga sounds about right.
DSC00894.JPG

5979E189-5596-4EC2-979F-C015DB5F87E2.jpeg

5ADEDBC0-6F14-49D1-8F29-F36B42C6633C.jpeg

That’s the USCT brackets I welded into my 72. I haven’t mic’d them, but in the hand they felt the same thickness as the 11ga sheet I’ve been using for other stuff. Definitely thicker than 14ga.

Auto Transport Service
Back