• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone know how much late 70s B Bodies weigh

LXguy

Local time
5:16 PM
Reaction score
Hey All:

Looking at a couple of later 70s Furies and such. Goofy 70s styling is growing on me, and well that's about all the Mopar I can afford any more.

Anyone have an idea on weight on these cars? I would think the crash stuff would add a lot of extra.

Thanks,

Steve

Here is a pic of the driver's door sticker for my 1979 Chrysler Cordoba with the "300" package.

IMG_20161225_223719391.jpg

Hey All:

Looking at a couple of later 70s Furies and such. Goofy 70s styling is growing on me, and well that's about all the Mopar I can afford any more.

Anyone have an idea on weight on these cars? I would think the crash stuff would add a lot of extra.

Thanks,

Steve

Some of the earlier model year Cordobas had 400 cid engines.

My dealer showroom brochure says a V8 '77 Cordoba has an estimated curb weight of 4180 pounds. The GVWR on the door means the car is safe to that point with passengers and cargo added to the curb weight, it does not mean that is how much the car weighs.

Yeah, low 4's is about right. Or, about as much as a New challenger.

My ‘79 Magnum w/318, 3675
AC, PB, PS electric windows.

That's light, Rumble.

My stripper 73 was 3700 with nothing in the trunk but the mat, hardly any chrome trim from the factory, and no carpet.

I'm assuming the later ones are much heavier than the early 70s. I think a 73 Dart bumper weighs about as much as a 72 Dart....

My 72 Satellite sedan is about 3600 with me. Unfortunately, it sounds like 4000 might be accurate. Between the crash bumpers, side impact and roof support, I wouldn't be surprised to see ab extra 4-500 lbs.

Take some scrap metal (or batteries) to the scrap yard and see what their scale says.

That's light, Rumble.

My stripper 73 was 3700 with nothing in the trunk but the mat, hardly any chrome trim from the factory, and no carpet.
Well, I thought so as well. I did manage to push it around some and it is the easiest of all my cars. And I am no longer that young spry kid.

It does have a fiberglass nose. Some rubber body panel fills.

In principle, it’s made a deal to sell it. It may not stay. It needs more attention than I can give. Another Magnum owner approached me. So...

Time will tell if the deal falls through, I’ll start lightening it up. There is a source of fiberglass for Magnums. You can cut a lot out of the bumpers. Behind the chrome face, there’s big steel behind there tha can go elsewhere.

Auto Transport Service
Back