• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone know how this piece show be finished?

citadel

Local time
7:07 AM
Reaction score
these are sunvisor plates for a 69 RR convertible

Polished?
Chromed?

Are these pot metal?

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 385
I recognize that finish as the same type of plating used on the column gear shift and turn signal switch selector as well as the rear view mirror hardware. It appears to be a hard chrome plating over stock finish material. To duplicate what the factory did it is important to not alter the surface finish of the part by polishing or abrasive blasting. If you have light pitting you may be able to chemically strip the part in a nitric acid solution (or better have it done) and re plate it. If you have deep pits from oxidation this will cause a problem and they must be fixed.

Silver Argent paint like on the ralley wheels is a pretty good match if you're not going for a concours resto. I believe that this was called satellite chrome. There is another name for it but I can't remember what it is. Also the same finish on the 2 spokes of the wood steering wheels.

I sent this part to Advanced Plating in Nashville. Any direction I should give them on finishing this?

these are sunvisor plates for a 69 RR convertible

Polished?
Chromed?

Are these pot metal?

The ones on my 70 convt. are not chromed & do look similar to the "Argent" wheel paint and also very close in color to paint on the windshield wiper arms.

The ones on my 1969 Plymouth Satellite Convertible are bright chrome.

Auto Transport Service
Back