• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone know of a source for an “electronic” voltage regulator that puts out no more than 14.2-14.4 volts?

Great news! The correct 70 RR alternator has just been installed and I’m happy to report that the voltage is at 14.2@ idle..a lot safer than 18v
Happy hot rodder!

Great news! The correct 70 RR alternator has just been installed and I’m happy to report that the voltage is at 14.2@ idle..a lot safer than 18v
Happy hot rodder!
Where did you source the 70 RR alternator and voltage regulator? Do you remember the model numbers? I went with the adjustable one earlier in the thread, but I would love to go stock.

My local (Merle’s)Napa for the alternator $80
Mopar VR@ Summit racing $80
Here’s the VR with #’s

IMG_1174.jpeg

IMG_1172.jpeg

Thanks! So after those two you have about 14.3 or so? Do you know the model number or amps for the alternator. I bought a similar black VR from Mancini and it put out 15.5. Thanks again!
15.5volts? Have you checked the voltage drop between the battery and the ign1 terminal at the regulator while running?

15.5volts? Have you checked the voltage drop between the battery and the ign1 terminal at the regulator while running?
You and I did this in another thread and you were a huge help! ☺️. I just want to know what parts he used.

Auto Transport Service
Back