• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone know what this is???

1 Wild R/T

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:28 AM
Reaction score
I took the picture over twenty years ago when the car was in my shop... Care to guess what car it's in? And yes this is a picture of a picture, no digital camera back then..

thumbnail_IMG_8645.jpg

Nope.
Not a van..
Not a boat..
48 chrysler Windsor :lol:

On a van with the doghouse removed you'd be looking at the back of the engine & the bell housing of the trans....

Yea things don't look exactly right. Like what appears to be a door opening but it's not very tall. Like you said, the engine looks to be installed backwards if it was a van. Some kind of a custom build?

I'll bite. Looks like seat belts, there's a cover that goes over the engine like a van, remote cooling system, shadow on the air cleaner looks a confined space but then why the seat belts? Something where the motor protrudes into what looks like a cabin. Admit, at a loss. I'll settle for a vehicle of some sort.

Yea things don't look exactly right. Like what appears to be a door opening but it's not very tall. Like you said, the engine looks to be installed backwards if it was a van. Some kind of a custom build?
Built by a small "Manufacturer"

I'll bite. Looks like seat belts, there's a cover that goes over the engine like a van, remote cooling system, shadow on the air cleaner looks a confined space but then why the seat belts? Something where the motor protrudes into what looks like a cabin. Admit, at a loss. I'll settle for a vehicle of some sort.
It had a car cover on it which blocked the light...

Yeah, trust me I thought the same thing, the influences are strong... But one you spend time with the car it was very apparent it was hand built... The door hinges were different from side to side, so when you open the drivers door the outer point would rise 7", the passenger door opened level...There were lots of things like that about the car but somehow that one still sticks...

The guy who owned it owned about 35 exotics with the newest being from around 1974 and he owned cars back to pre WWII
Including a 1938 Siata Zagato Gran Sport originally built for & owned by Mussilini

Doesn't look like it would be fun to change or adjust the points.

The Pantera is a better looking vehicle.

Monteverdi I think that was called? Was it a one of one? Memory is foggy. Ah! I seen the caption. So I got the name right anyway.

There's a "Jamaican" for sale near me.

A little outside my budget but it's pretty fang cool looking and certainly "unique".

I'm sure it's sbc powered, as well.

...but it's tempting.

That one randomly showed up at a Fall Fling once in Van Nuys. What a surprise.

I knew exactly what it was when he was on loading it. Remover it from an automobile quarterly and other books.

Auto Transport Service
Back