• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

anyone put in a headliner ?

blazer 2010

Local time
6:29 PM
Reaction score
I,m going to try and install a headliner in my 67 belverdere,anyone have any tips or videos to share

I didn't watch it so you'll have to evaluate for yourself. It's a 69 charger

[video=youtube;b1j8QbkHLZc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1j8QbkHLZc[/video]

put one in my 67 x--took it out and put it back in again this time it looks better-don't cut before you look at how it hangs-(windows side panels --take your time--put up padding and have fun--pick a warm day it will work better--keep the rod(bows) in order and you will be fine--find the center of the car and the center of the headliner--place a string on the screws for the dome light--will help in your cut(location) in headlineryou will need some good glue let it dry when you use it---this is what i did hope all works for u ENJOY THAT MOPAR

I've done a couple. Start at the front or back and pull it until all the wrinkles go in one direction. Then pull the sides until the wrinkles go away. Look at the seams and make sure you pull them straight. Use cut up pieces of old pinch welt and clamps to hold the headliner in place before and while gluing. Most of the time spent will be pulling and adjusting until it fits properly.

I have it all gutted but I can,t get the front chrome pillars out,it wiggles but can,t seem to pull it out,I don,t want to get too rough,I,ll post a pic later if it helps

I have it all gutted but I can,t get the front chrome pillars out,it wiggles but can,t seem to pull it out,I don,t want to get too rough,I,ll post a pic later if it helps

how many screwds did you remove -if all screws are out a little of pulling will get it free look at how it is and go from there-

All screws are removed just seems like it is wedged down in the dash

- - - Updated - - -

I was wondering what to use for insulation,and glue ,I don,t want it to fall down.A lady at the upholstery shop said to use closed cell foam like the joga mats,doesn,t soke up mositure, but what to use for glue.I have the roof all clean with a coat of rust paint on now so getting ready

before you put the rods through the headliner sand them down to smooth and put a gloss spray paint on the. the headliner will slide easier when stretching out make sure to number your rods from front to back so they go back in the same way.

All screws are removed just seems like it is wedged down in the dash

- - - Updated - - -

I was wondering what to use for insulation,and glue ,I don,t want it to fall down.A lady at the upholstery shop said to use closed cell foam like the joga mats,doesn,t soke up mositure, but what to use for glue.I have the roof all clean with a coat of rust paint on now so getting ready

Spray adhesive, 3 M makes one that I like, really sticks.

I just used contact cement from the home store. Also, stop by Office Depot or Staples and get you a bunch of those little black and silver clamp paper clips, the ones that are about a half-inch wide. You can get 50 or so for $8.00 and they work great for holding the headliner in place before and after gluing.

Trim adhesive

This is the trim adhesive ,i`ve always used. It works great.

Attachments

• IMG_3683.JPG
    IMG_3683.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 258
Once you get it installed, and before you put all trim pieces on, put a couple of construction lights inside car( the 500w Quartz ones yellow come on stands). Roll up windows if still in car or block of openings, leave them on for a day, that will take any wrinkles out

I still can.t get the front chrome pillar trim off,it slides up and down but seems like it,s on a track,I can,t get it to pull out

Auto Transport Service
Back