• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone running schumacher tri y headers

Aarons Air

Local time
12:26 AM
Reaction score
Did you run your starter wires between the header tubes, or behind them, next to the firewall ? It seems like running them between the tubes, is more of a direct path, with how they connect to the starter, but i'm concerned about burning wiring on a header. It seems like going behind the header, next to the firewall would bring the wiring to the starter, from the wrong direction.

PB240454.JPG
I have them, but my car's been off to the paint shop for months and I honestly don't remember how the wires run. But, here's bump for you. This is the only photo of that part of the car I can find and it's too dark to see details. Sorry.

I have them on a 440 in a 65 Fury. Mine go off the firewall and to the starter, just like the factory wiring. Been like that for near 25 years now, maybe longer. Never had any issues with starters or wiring.

I have them on my 70 Challenger RT 440, my wires go behind the header, haven't had any issues. I have them fairly long and there is room without them touching.

I have the tri ys on my 67 , wiring is at the fire wall.

Auto Transport Service
Back