• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone see the new Don Garlits aluminum heads?

pretty poor numbers, my stealths flow 315 at 600 lift. i would be interested to know there max flow at max port level

pretty poor numbers, my stealths flow 315 at 600 lift. i would be interested to know there max flow at max port level

Mine are now flowing this, we took them out more then stage 2.

lift CFM Intake CFM Exhaust
.100 76.4 66.1
.200 153.5 114.5
.300 218.1 150.2
.400 254.9 177.4
.500 276.2 196.2
.600 286.2 208.2

I still need this engine streetable..

Yep, maybe, but mine are US made..not Chinese.. ;)

View attachment 240026 2015-02-17 00.00.21.jpgView attachment 240028

Last edited:
Look great Tek! Did they come ported or did you have to have them shipped to a porter?

Guys I am considering these heads against Eddie RPM's.

I got these emails from Mr. Toth..

And then I asked about the price:

He mentions roller springs since I told him I am looking at the Hughes Whiplash cam but their roller version of it.
Yup, they also look very similar to the RPM head. And what do roller springs look like? :D

Are you racing something with stealth heads? What are you running. Seems like there are too many people that worry about what a flow bench says and not what actual ET's say. You can have two different heads with the same flow numbers that perform differently as air by itself doesn't really care that much about port design as much as fuel does. You can have a port that flows air well but gasoline vapor might not like one vs the other.....and rarely do two different flow benches put up the same numbers.

Springs with the correct seat pressure etc. for a roller cam. You should know that. He just used that to describe them..Not my words..

- - - Updated - - -

Look great Tek! Did they come ported or did you have to have them shipped to a porter?

I purchased them direct from the porter, Bruce Toth from Toth Performance, he is in business with Roland Osborne who distributes these and also owns CPPA. Bruce took these to stage 3 porting (street), so they flow well and have good velocity of flow.

I will fit them tomorrow, so expect more photos.

Very nice! Are you planning on running it on a dyno?

I am thinking about it. I can only do it with the motor in the car, so I need to consider if something let's go (unlikely I know) my car is not damaged as a result. But another mate of mine runs a race tuning business so I have free access to a good dyno.

So did you ever put these on a dyno? How did they do??? I just got off the phone with Roland...still kind of torn between these and the Sidewinders...right now Todd @Marsh is out indefinitely. & I don't know if I want to wait...thanks Tek!
I am thinking about it. I can only do it with the motor in the car, so I need to consider if something let's go (unlikely I know) my car is not damaged as a result. But another mate of mine runs a race tuning business so I have free access to a good dyno.

So did you ever put these on a dyno? How did they do??? I just got off the phone with Roland...still kind of torn between these and the Sidewinders...right now Todd @Marsh is out indefinitely. & I don't know if I want to wait...thanks Tek!

Mike.. I'm also looking at Sidewinders and i'm 100% sure the CPPA Heads are exactly the same casting as below (same as the Sidewinders and ProMaxx). Then the builder cleans up the casting and ports them and fits them with quality hardware.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-Chrys...ash=item43ec02d1ec:g:9oEAAOSwGYVW-YiG&vxp=mtr

You can buy the Sidewinders from Competition Wedge or HP Engines. There is a lot of information at the other mopar site.
http://www.competitionwedge.com/
http://www.hpengines.net/

You can buy the ProMaxx from jegs.
http://www.jegs.com/i/ProMaxx-Performance/723/9440/10002/-1?parentProductId=2947797

Features

• A356-T6 Aluminum
  • Hand bowl blending
  • Efficient chamber design
  • Available bare or assembled
  • 5-angle competition valve job
  • Diamond-honed bronze guides
  • "MAXX" power for street or strip
  • Sold in pairs
  • Assembled in the USA

Last edited:
Springs with the correct seat pressure etc. for a roller cam. You should know that. He just used that to describe them..Not my words..
Well, I did put up the grin smiley.....on that question. :D

Thanks Banzaii.
Those promaxx have my interest now...Those numbers can't be ootb...you think??? Couldn't pull up any info on the HP & CWE sites....

Attachments

• 723-9440.pdf
    583.5 KB · Views: 120
Have not dyno'd still..Too much going on. I would like to get to it this season.

As for the sidewinder/promaxx debate, I know that my heads are the same as those. They are 3 names for the same heads. The separation, and it is a big one. is the work done to the head AFTER it is cast. Bruce Toth is the guy behind these in reality. Roland left it all up to Bruce. And Bruce knows his stuff and will use quality US hardware. His porting is also very good.

Auto Transport Service
Back