• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone using a Lunati Voodoo 713 cam?

TexasRoadRunner68

Local time
1:58 PM
Reaction score
I have a Hughes cam I can throw in my build, but I have heard good things about the lunati cams. Anyone running their 713 voodoo? I was just curious as to street manners and idle sound. It’s the most aggressive BBM hydraulic roller they offer I believe.

I’ll put on some cam specs for both. I seem to think they’re similar, but my Hughes cam would need stiffer springs. I think I can get by with the springs that came on my hydraulic roller trick flow 270s. If the voodoo has a bit of chop to it that would be nice.

8422BB32-9354-4670-A26C-41C76D052764.jpeg

828A1589-F8E9-4D33-AE3F-8FB2CFE54961.jpeg

I don't know the answer about the Voodoo cam, but I want you to be aware that Hughes has a tendency to call for very stiff springs across the board.... I'm pretty sure he calls for those 1128`s on every, yes every mechanical cam. There has been some discussion about the overkill, and some have said they have had longevity issues, although they are good quality springs..... I'm gonna go look in the catalog to make sure I'm not feeding bogus info. If I were you, I would discuss this with your motor builder, especially about using that stiff of a spring on the street.

I don't know the answer about the Voodoo cam, but I want you to be aware that Hughes has a tendency to call for very stiff springs across the board.... I'm pretty sure he calls for those 1128`s on every, yes every mechanical cam. There has been some discussion about the overkill, and some have said they have had longevity issues, although they are good quality springs..... I'm gonna go look in the catalog to make sure I'm not feeding bogus info. If I were you, I would discuss this with your motor builder, especially about using that stiff of a spring on the street.
Yeah, I noticed most springs on the stock trick flow hydraulic roller heads won’t provide that open pressure.

Yeah, I noticed most springs on the stock trick flow hydraulic roller heads won’t provide that open pressure.
I did double check my statement against the catalog offerings and it is accurate.
Hughes will say, don't question me lol, and maybe he's right lol....
Hopefully someone will chime in with direct experience....
I have those springs on a mech cam racecar, no issues as of yet...but I don't think we would run them on the street.

Auto Transport Service
Back