• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rocker ratio for Lunati Voodoo 713 Cam

What ratio should I go with

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

TexasRoadRunner68

Local time
3:44 PM
Reaction score
I have a lunati voodoo 713 cam and a Hughes cam. Both are fairly similar, with the Hughes having a bit more duration and lift.

I have -24cc dish pistons.

I’m just hoping not to run into piston/valve clearance issues. The rockers are $1800 and take 20 weeks to ship, so I’m hoping to get the right ones off the bat.

I know 1.5 is safest. 1.6 would give a bit more lift? I have 270 trick flows that will probably make the most of any extra lift.

What would you go with? Is 1.6 worth it for the lift, or is it a bandaid fix for needing to buy a bigger cam.

Cam specs below.

F9546AD1-282A-41D7-B773-085BBB44FDCF.jpeg

D71AA6FB-8A21-4930-A7CA-6D924F92F87C.png

Whose pistons?
The Ross I have, both d-dish and flattops have very generous valve reliefs, I would bet they can handle .750.
If i had great heads, and had to spend that much and wait that long for rockers, I'd want as much ratio as i could get!

Whose pistons?
The Ross I have, both d-dish and flattops have very generous valve reliefs, I would bet they can handle .750.
If i had great heads, and had to spend that much and wait that long for rockers, I'd want as much ratio as i could get!
I mean I’m all for a cheaper but equally good option, but I keep hearing that T&D is the “buy once, cry once” gold standard option.

On your typical OHV engine, the gross lift number listed in the cam specs has no bearing on VP clearance.

Peak lift occurs at the installed CL(typically 100-120*), which means the piston is over 1/2 way down the bore.

On your typical OHV engine, the gross lift number listed in the cam specs has no bearing on VP clearance.

Peak lift occurs at the installed CL(typically 100-120*), which means the piston is over 1/2 way down the bore.
i understand duration has more of an affect on PTV clearance than overall lift.

Hello,

Have you ran the engine with the voodoo 713 cam? If so how do you like it? I was looking at the same camshaft and have been trying to find more information on it.

I wouldn't go by advertised ratio. See if t&d will tell you the true ratio. Bet the 1.5 will check close to 1.6. I really don't think there's much to be had between 1.5 and 1.6 with those kind of cams; except valve train stress.

Auto Transport Service
Back