• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are there any other quantity, not quality car people out there?

The runner I have is my first full on restore project. Most of my life had motorcycles and all used cars and trucks as well. Did what I could to keep them going to get back and forth to work. When younger a friend and I bought a duster and put a 440 in it for a back road's racer. Worked on it all week to get ready for Friday and Saturday night's cruising for a race. Think what makes a car guy is someone that works on it himself. That guy on a creeper in the drivewayView attachment 1534400View attachment 1534402 working away. Maybe the guy that pulls the car under a tree so he can pull the motor.
rnqllzbaxkb01.jpg

I did solve my storage problem before I started "collecting" cars again this century.

I'm definitely not a quality person (although I like things done the right way). But I also do not want to be burdened with a bunch of cars sitting around that I will never get to.... so quantity isn't it either. I have six toy cars, which is still probably at least one more than optimal.... (since I have 5 shop spaces).

Over time I've sold the cars that I restored or any real nice cars that I have owned. All of my current cars are what I would call "drivers in various states of preservation from further decay", except for my current project, and the project on deck which are both currently non-operational. I keep them mechanically upgraded and sound, but otherwise at some combination level of hot-rodded/unrestored.

This is what I prefer. If someone gave me a #1 or #2 car I'd sell it. I do not want to spend any of my remaining time on earth looking for #'s parts, detailing cars, or being concerned about scratches, bird poop, and door dings. I enjoyed these cars the most when I could just get in and go, thrash them around, and be worry free... and that is the car world I have recreated.

Current:

1969 Charger SE 383 AT Refresh only.
1969 Corvette. 350 4sp. Rough.
1970 Coronet 500 383 AT Pretty rough, no rust.
1971 Charger 500 383 AT Almost done.
1971 Challenger 408 4sp. Done.
1973 Pontiac Grand AM 455 AT Paint and engine done.
1973 Pontiac Grand Am 400 AT (Mostly parts car.)
1981 Camaro 350 AT BumbleBee Runs great, looks like the car from the first movie. Warts and all.
1982 Ram 50 2.6 L. 5sp. Great. In the family since new.
1991 Ford F-150 351 AT low miles. Dents.
1998 Ford Explorer 5.0 AT Just in case of snow. Great.
1997 Camaro SS 350 6sp. Great.

I'd like to see your lists. Even when it's 16 cars.
The Chargervert starter set! Lol

yall rookies .... i got 67 cars and trucks up here in various states of dis repair. (Ram Charger with a plow and parts trucks to keep it up) some run and drive-ish most are waiting there turn. there is a parts car for every project.
but the 62 is next and the rest can wait. (no parts car for it tho) and yes. i am dragging home a E85 C body and a tractor next week.

There was a time when I had multiple cars.

But at my age I've decided to get down to just one and be happy. At least for now.

What about the Blue 68 roadrunner .
What about red 69 roadrunner.
And the green 70 roadrunner .
Any of these for sale ?
thank you for your time Bobby

I bought four old Dodge's in the 1980's, when they were still fairly cheap. The first was the 1964 Polara 4-door hardtop, bought from the original owner for $275 in 1980. I still have this car, and recently treated it to a full restoration. Next was my 1964 Polara 500 convertible, bought as a running, driving car, also in 1980, for $2300. It was a solid complete car, originally from Georgia. It was driven, as is, for a while, until my hardtop was on the road. This car was eventually treated to a rotisserie restoration, and later sold.
My next purchase was a 1967 Coronet 440 station wagon ( I was looking for a '64 wagon, but this came along instead ), bought in 1984 for $200. It came from Alberta, so it was pretty solid ( no winter road salt out there ). I repaired what was needed, installed a very good 3-seat interior from another wagon that I found in a local junkyard, and repainted it. This became my summer drive-to-work car, with a transplanted 383, automatic. We drove it to 1986 Mopar Nationals in Columbus, and it was the only wagon there that year. It eventually became my 1 of 0 R/T wagon with 440, 4-speed, and was later sold.
My last purchase was my 1967 Coronet R/T hardtop, bought in 1987 for $2750. This was a solid rust-free North Carolina roller that needed everything redone. I still own this car, and it has been a very comfortable, reliable ride, accumulating 70,000 miles in 31 years of cruising and car shows.

DSCF0003.JPG

12.jpg

83794155_1517167828449267_1576042329486131200_o.jpg

scan0002[2].jpg

P7030075.JPG

Last edited:
Yes. But it is more due to lack of availability. I have become very interested in B bodies now, but it is the wrong time to do so. Here in southern Oregon it is very hard to find 2-door Mopars at all. Much less for anything even slightly reasonable. So I am attempting to gather parts for what I do own.

I used to own way too many cars and I realized that I would never get to all of them so I sold them off. I have just enough to keep me going until I likely won't want to do this anymore.

I spent way too many years dragging stuff home and not nearly enough time using them. Goal now is a running and driving 68 Patina'd Sport Satellite and an eventual big build on a 70 Coronet. That plus other hobbies is enough.

The stuff owns you after awhile. If I had indoor storage it would be a little different.

stuff owns you after awhile.
Great saying...as I've been working to downsize. In my case something to with my realization of not living forever.

I like variety so I guess I'm in the quantity club, but mine are (almost) all complete, solid drivers. Maybe a trim piece or emblem missing here and there, but I like straight cars with decent paint, nice interiors, running condition. There is always something to improve them but I can get in and go anytime.

Current list:

Classics
63 Mercury Meteor (2 owner-260 V8)
64 Dodge Polara convertible (1 owner-383)
65 Dodge Coronet (318 poly-dual carbs)
65 Mercury Comet Caliente convertible (289)
66 Plymouth VIP (400 replacement for original 383 Commando-would like to find a 383 for it)
67 Ford Mustang convertible (6 cyl-wife's cruiser)

Project
73 Ford Mustang Grande (351 Cleveland-wife's daily driver when we met 38 years ago-parked for 20 years-for sale as a project)

Specialty
80 Jeep CJ5 (258 6 cyl-almost new engine-parked when I got into quadding and waiting to be put back into rotation)
08 Corvette (base-LS3-13k miles-cherry)
16 Polaris Slingshot (2.4 GM Ecotec/5 spd manual-blast to drive/ride)

Dailys
99 Ford F250 (7.3l Powerstroke-6 spd manual-will outlast me by a couple decades)
00 Subaru Forester (Mom's car given to me when she quit driving)
14 Infiniti Q50 (wife's)
Here's a pic of the classics in 2022, before I bought the Polara and Mustang vert. The 2nd from left is a 63 Ford Fairlane Sports Coupe 500 that I sold last year.
20221006_170702.jpg

The Vette
20191013_170156.jpg

The Slingshot
IMG_20200718_124332.jpg

Last edited:
I like variety so I guess I'm in the quantity club, but mine are (almost) all complete, solid drivers. Maybe a trim piece or emblem missing here and there, but I like straight cars with decent paint, nice interiors, running condition. There is always something to improve them but I can get in and go anytime.

Current list:

Classics
63 Mercury Meteor (2 owner-260 V8)
64 Dodge Polara convertible (1 owner-383)
65 Dodge Coronet (318 poly-dual carbs)
65 Mercury Comet Caliente convertible (289)
66 Plymouth VIP (400 replacement for original 383 Commando-would like to find a 383 for it)
67 Ford Mustang convertible (6 cyl-wife's cruiser)

Project
73 Ford Mustang Grande (351 Cleveland-wife's daily driver when we met 38 years ago-parked for 20 years-for sale as a project)

Specialty
80 Jeep CJ5 (258 6 cyl-almost new engine-parked when I got into quadding and waiting to be put back into rotation)
08 Corvette (base-LS3-13k miles-cherry)
16 Polaris Slingshot (2.4 GM Ecotec/5 spd manual-blast to drive/ride)

Dailys
99 Ford F250 (7.3l Powerstroke-6 spd manual-will outlast me by a couple decades)
00 Subaru Forester (Mom's car given to me when she quit driving)
14 Infiniti Q50 (wife's)
Here's a pic of the classics in 2022, before I bought the Polara and Mustang vert. The 2nd from left is a 63 Ford Fairlane Sports Coupe 500 that I sold last year.
View attachment 1591307

The Vette
View attachment 1591309

The Slingshot
View attachment 1591310

Eh hem, you forgot one... :poke:

Auto Transport Service
Back