• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are these factory pieces hanging on my ceiling?

fistymopar

Local time
4:15 PM
Reaction score
I got these with my Hemi a few years ago, and hung them on the ceiling for 5 years, now Im putting it together now and got to looking at these things, what the heck are they? I have only seen one set, on a car in showcarcollectorsguide, now I cant find the rag.

They have 4 breathers, dual plugs, and are stamped aluminum, all in very nice condition. :huh:Goldmine? They take the standard 6.25 tubes, so I was thinking of making some more block offs and running em. Help?

hemicovers (1).jpg

hemicovers (2).jpg

hemicovers.jpg

Aren't those the spark plug tubes?

nononono dot throw away someone like big daddy would be very intrsted in them if you don't use them very erly t/f or t/a race heads im preety shour ???????????????????

They look like the old alum. Direct connection dual plug hemi Valve cover from around 1974 or 75. They used to come with a block off plate to run the single plug configuration.

They look like the old alum. Direct connection dual plug hemi Valve cover from around 1974 or 75. They used to come with a block off plate to run the single plug configuration.

I checked the old catalog and the p/n is P3690232. listed in Catalog no. SP6, July 1 1975.
But I sure they were available earlyer on.

Yes these are the old DC valve covers. These were used a lot on the old pro stock cars. You could use them on either dual plug heads, or single plug heads depending on the insert for the valve covers. I had three sets of these, and just sold them on ebay. The selling price ranges from $150-$400.00! I just sold a NOS set in perfect condition for $300.00! I do have 8 of the single plug inserts, and 8 of the dual plug inserts. Let me know if you need to see a pic of the two types, and I will be happy to post one!!

Auto Transport Service
Back