• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are you guys getting this artic blast we're supposed to get?

15 in sunny South Carolina.

I live in NE Ohio. The Ashtabula Harbor area. Lake Erie is less than 1000' from my driveway. I had to work yesterday & it was windy & cool at 28* but dropped to 0 by 9 AM. It snowed & drifted because of the wind but this storm is very different than anything I've seen in the past 20 years. Its not even the snow or the cold, its the wind gusts at 60 mph, with winds steadily maintaining between 40 & 50 mph. The open water near the lake doesn't help & we're not inland enough to slow it down. This is the 1st time since I've lived here(2006) that the snow & ice is blowing up under my storm doors and building up between the storm & entry doors on both the north & south side of the house. My solid front door is original to the 40's house & has always sealed superior. This odd wind has caused ice to break through the bottom of the front entry door though & ice up on the inside of my house on the hardwood floor an inch in the length of the bottom of the door. I shoveled the snow out and rolled up some bath towels to prevent it for the remainder of the storm, but again, never woulda thaught that could of even been possible. No power outages here yet but my neighborhood shares 3 different grids so dont know about others. So far so good with the exception of my front door...
I know 2 elderly couples in there 80's down there, 1 couple lives in Royalton, hoping it's not too bad there I know he will be out fighting whatever snow is there with the walk behind and he shoudn't be doing that at his age!

Our backyard weather station showed a low of 27.5 degrees at 8:00 am this morning.

That's a pretty hard core freeze for this part of FL.

"Official" temp on the news was 30.

They haven't posted the NOAA figures from our nearest station yet. I wonder why.

Last edited:
12 degrees, sunny, and no wind in Seven Lakes, NC. High today is forecasted for 28 degrees.

56 yesterday and 11 this morning.
Almost the same here with 50* yesterday and freezing by the afternoon. Missed getting any snow. Went down to 3* overnight. Hovering around 5* at the moment.

My natural gas furnace is cycling anywhere between 10 to 20 minutes. That's going to hurt the heating bill.

Stay warm my friends, it's dangerous out there!

BTW it supposed to be 50* this coming Friday.

Last night and this am here in CT.

IMG_20221223_195506.jpg

IMG_20221224_082426.jpg

Almost the same here with 50* yesterday and freezing by the afternoon. Missed getting any snow. Went down to 3* overnight. Hovering around 5* at the moment.

My natural gas furnace is cycling anywhere between 10 to 20 minutes. That's going to hurt the heating bill.

Stay warm my friends, it's dangerous out there!
My heat has been running on "Aux Heat" continuously for the last 10 or so hours. My electricity bill is going to be through the roof by the time this cold snap ends.

As far as temps it’s still about 4-5 degrees here now. Winds were so bad here they banned tractor trailers from the turnpike.. my son has a Ford sprinter type dually and he said it was hard keeping it on the road when coming home last night… We have friends that have been with out power since 10am yesterday.. Stay safe out there!!

A9997C6E-543E-4468-BBF4-E891E757A7AB.jpeg

Everything's melting today, water streaming off the roof... Supposed to be above freezing here for at least the next week.

Auto Transport Service
Back