• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ATI Superdamper 917122E stock crank pulley mismatch solution

Snook

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:53 AM
Reaction score
I didn't read the fine print, so this was on me. Anyways, I had a rude awakening when I went to put the engine pulley system together. The factory crank pulley was 0.440" too long out of alignment with the water pump pulley, shims ain't going to work. Luckily, I stumbled across Doty Manufacturing and their PN# BMCT-2000 eliminated that misalignment issue completely, no shimming required. It is smaller diameter but it is an aluminum deep groove pulley and that diameter doesn't matter, it's very small but may require a belt change but I'd bet not. I'll let you know what belt I end up using.

The DMI piece is really well made and is all USA manufacture if that matters to you. It's available as natural finish aluminum or black anodized - I got the black anodized and couldn't be happier with it. It's not cheap at $95 but well worth the loss of hassle and time on my part.

Chuck (snook)

, I stumbled across Doty Manufacturing and their PN#

Not widely known, but they do make quality items. Im using their crank pulley on my drag car.

Auto Transport Service
Back