• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HELP! Hemi Pulley Questions

Mad_Scientist

Local time
4:51 AM
Reaction score
Sorry for the long post....

I have a 572 Hemi in a 69 Bee that im putting together. Car will have AC and P/S. I originally ordered a Cold Case radiator with dual puller fans. I also ordered a set of CVF Racing serpentine pulleys. The pulleys ran into the fans and there was no way it would fit. In addition, the lower crank pulley was WAY out of alignment because of the thicker ATI pulley.

I live in Texas and the car will see lots of street miles. I'm taking it on the Power Tour, so it has to stay cool. The bigger radiator is a MUST, but I'll go either way on electric vs mechanical fan. Also, the engine builder recommended that I stick with the bigger ATI balancer.

What is everyone else running on their modified Hemis? Is there a place that can make me a custom crank pulley that will work on the ATI balancer and have enough grooves for AC and PS? If so, then I can run 440 pulleys. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Tim

Cold Case with dual fans here and a custom serpentine belt drive.

100_1900.JPG

100_1901.JPG

100_1903.JPG

Very nice! That's what I wanted the CVF to do. :*(

Did you fab it yourself up yourself?

I used all of my stock 440 with A/C pulleys when I swapped over to the Hemi.

Low deck stroker here, not a Hemi but I still had clearance issues. The good folks at CVF helped me sort things out as best they could.
At the end of the day I had to play with fan width. It's still tight but works well.

IMG_3637.jpg

IMG_3638.jpg

I used all of my stock 440 with A/C pulleys when I swapped over to the Hemi.
The ATI balancer is too thick to use the stock 440 crank pulley. If I can get a custom crank pulley made, then I could use 440 pulleys for the rest.

Low deck stroker here, not a Hemi but I still had clearance issues. The good folks at CVF helped me sort things out as best they could.
At the end of the day I had to play with fan width. It's still tight but works well.

View attachment 1631002

View attachment 1631003
The tech guys at CVF didn't seem to know much. The ones I talked to just kept saying it fits a stock motor fine. The suggested a smaller radiator, but that wouldn't cool my motor.

The ATI balancer is too thick to use the stock 440 crank pulley. If I can get a custom crank pulley made, then I could use 440 pulleys for the rest.
What part number ATI balancer are you using? Some clearly state that stock pulleys are not a direct fit.

View attachment 1631002

View attachment 1631003
What fan setup is that? It looks shorter than my cold case 12 in fans. The motors stick out too far on mine.

Got it from Entropy ECP but it's not one of their stock packages. 13 inch SPAL fans. The one on the power steering side was too tall and I returned it. Went out and found a low profile version on my own so it would fit.
I think I'm only getting around 2,600 cfm of pull but no problems so far. I have them set up on a Dakota Digital dual speed controller.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back