• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

auction, or sell out right?

great ride you have there,post here it will see.Sold my 69RT 15 years ago and still regret it.

Appreciate all the input. A friend of mine sold his Bronco on bring a trailer. He still has the local photographer's number that came to do the pictures, and I'm going to have him take pictures and put it on eBay. Or a real good buddy of mine said he would haul it to Carlisle and represent it for me. Thanks for not beating me up on my indecision on which way to go. I know I will never have another one this nice and that hurts lol.

From personal experience, Carlisle is great for the show and parts swap meet. For buying/selling a car, not so. From a seller's vantage, a complete waste of time.

I’ve got a Stent too. Welcome to the Club. At least we are still breathing. Take a breath, reconsider selling. IF you do sell, don’t sell to an acquaintance, friend or relative. I did that and it didn’t go well. Make sure you’ll never see it again or know where it goes. I think it photographs well. Good luck.

I’ve got a Stent too. Welcome to the Club. At least we are still breathing. Take a breath, reconsider selling. IF you do sell, don’t sell to an acquaintance, friend or relative. I did that and it didn’t go well. Make sure you’ll never see it again or know where it goes. I think it photographs well. Good luck.
Thanks for the well wishes. Had 2 put in February, then 1 in March, since the March stent I've lost 40lbs and can't move around longer than a couple minutes with out getting chest pains. Now they want to go back in and look to see if it's still open. I'm stalling like a champ lol.

Appreciate all the input. A friend of mine sold his Bronco on bring a trailer. He still has the local photographer's number that came to do the pictures, and I'm going to have him take pictures and put it on eBay. Or a real good buddy of mine said he would haul it to Carlisle and represent it for me. Thanks for not beating me up on my indecision on which way to go. I know I will never have another one this nice and that hurts lol.

I may be interested. Tried to pm you, but your inbox is full.

I may be interested. Tried to pm you, but your inbox is full.
Sorry bout the inbox just learned how to clean it out. Full of a bunch of happy birthdays lol. I'd talk about it, I know it sounds greedy but kind of curious what it might do on ebay. I see all these stupid high prices and frankly I'd be to embarrassed to ask for what people are getting. The wife is 100% against me selling it. She thinks when I get over this heart thing I will want to replace it and spend even more money . But she was against me getting it in the first place so there's that.

Sorry bout the inbox just learned how to clean it out. Full of a bunch of happy birthdays lol. I'd talk about it, I know it sounds greedy but kind of curious what it might do on ebay. I see all these stupid high prices and frankly I'd be to embarrassed to ask for what people are getting. The wife is 100% against me selling it. She thinks when I get over this heart thing I will want to replace it and spend even more money . But she was against me getting it in the first place so there's that.

If your wife tells you to keep it, you should heed her advice. I also think that you should mend yourself and then rethink the decision. As mentioned, I’m interested, but you need to get better before you make any rash decisions. Also, going for a drive in it is good therapy.

Been thinking about selling my 68 Charger R\T. Was thinking about trading it for something different but had 3 stents placed in my heart in March and for some reason my health hasn't left me even wanting to wipe it down let alone deal with driving it.

Reason for asking about auction, verses sell out right is my car does not photograph well lol. And the changes made to it might not help in selling it over the net. But in person it is totally different perspective.
Auction there are aspects that draw back, the travel isn't really a option for me (cant drive or be in a car for more than an hour without feeling really bad). Cost of shipping it to a auction and not being there to represent it really hampers it also. But it's the only way to put it in front of people so to speak.

Down fall selling on FB or different sites is the pictures, the million questions from some people that have no intention of following thru, and the purest cussing me for it not being factory stock.

Car has had color change from green to white,
transmission swap from auto console to 4 sp no console.
Numbers Eng.
wrong exhaust
intake
carb
disc brakes from drums on front
QA1 upper arms, thrust rods, shocks all 4, tie-rods. (still have all the stock suspension parts.)

So would you pay somebody to take it to auction?
Or offer it for sell on line and make people come see it, which is kinda unrealistic is these days isn't it? will throw a couple pics in but swear it does the car no justice.

View attachment 1478427

View attachment 1478428
I've sold many cars on ebay with 2 of them being a 70 & 69 Charger.I own a 68 Charger now.If you go auction, just put a reserve on it. If it don't sell first time, lower it by a little. Different people on any day could be watching so keeping it online longer is a plus.
So is it still a 440 car? Mine was a 383 but now has 440 with dana 60.

I've sold many cars on ebay with 2 of them being a 70 & 69 Charger.I own a 68 Charger now.If you go auction, just put a reserve on it. If it don't sell first time, lower it by a little. Different people on any day could be watching so keeping it online longer is a plus.
So is it still a 440 car? Mine was a 383 but now has 440 with dana 60.
Still has its original 440, transmission and rear was changed to 4sp and Dana. Original Transmission a 8¾ rear long gone when I got the car.

I would like to know where you end up posting to have an opportunity!

There is no doubt in my mind. And I believe most here at B-bodies would agree, that buying is alot more fun than selling. Buyers remorse is usually less severe than a seller's mourning.
2 beautiful cars. Thanks for the pictures. Good luck on your health sir.

Just put it on eBay Motors for I think 20 to 40 bucks and see what happens! It’s a 68 charger!! It could be missing four wheels, engine windshield doors and it will still sell for top money.

Can B-bodies do an auction? If nothing else would be interesting. And you can be better assured of a respectful buyer. Sometimes that's as important as price.

I understand the site is not designed for that specifically. And it would be a somewhat closed auction. But I think there is opportunity not only for car owner. But site management to expand? Advertize sale online to join B-bodied to bid?

Just thinking out loud. Once again. Lol.
No!

Been thinking about selling my 68 Charger R\T. Was thinking about trading it for something different but had 3 stents placed in my heart in March and for some reason my health hasn't left me even wanting to wipe it down let alone deal with driving it.

Reason for asking about auction, verses sell out right is my car does not photograph well lol. And the changes made to it might not help in selling it over the net. But in person it is totally different perspective.
Auction there are aspects that draw back, the travel isn't really a option for me (cant drive or be in a car for more than an hour without feeling really bad). Cost of shipping it to a auction and not being there to represent it really hampers it also. But it's the only way to put it in front of people so to speak.

Down fall selling on FB or different sites is the pictures, the million questions from some people that have no intention of following thru, and the purest cussing me for it not being factory stock.

Car has had color change from green to white,
transmission swap from auto console to 4 sp no console.
Numbers Eng.
wrong exhaust
intake
carb
disc brakes from drums on front
QA1 upper arms, thrust rods, shocks all 4, tie-rods. (still have all the stock suspension parts.)

So would you pay somebody to take it to auction?
Or offer it for sell on line and make people come see it, which is kinda unrealistic is these days isn't it? will throw a couple pics in but swear it does the car no justice.

View attachment 1478427

View attachment 1478428
Do you have it listed here yet?

From the perspective of a Buyer, don't be vague or ambiguous. The worst responses ever (even though they may be true), 1) "I don't know." And 2) "That's the way it was when I bought it." Both, to me as a Buyer, are huge red flags. It's your car, own it. In your ad, tell them as much as you don't know up front about the car as much as about all of the stuff you do. For perspective, I'm talking your kind of car which is like mine. Not some uber high dollar, heavily documented concourse candidate. I wanted a fun car I liked. I'm a 'cool car' user, not a collector. My numbers don't match...and for this car, I don't care. But don't let people beat you up over that either.

Another huge strike against me, I'm not a gear head. So, I'm not looking for a car to take apart. Having said that, I'm having my second motor built in the past 3 years. But, I had a price in my head for what I'd spend. FYI - I offered over 25% less than their asking price. Worked out. Because now, with the completely rebuilt 440, I'm a hair over the original asking price. They sold a car and I have what I wanted. Win, win.

Last edited:
As of right now my son want's to go to Carlisle with me. So between him and a real good friend I'm going to try and go but in show field not the for sale field.
After the show I will post it here for sale before doing eBay if I decide to sell it for sure. If anybody else is going, stop by the 68 charger roll and have a cold one on me lol since I cant drink. Thanks again for all the input and ideals.

Auto Transport Service
Back