• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Australian F1 crash

Dang! Good to see them both ok....

well now I know what to expect when lap 18 comes around ! Still waiting waiting for the race to air here ....

It amazes me that the survivability in open-wheel racing is there at all! The titanium tubs and the strength of the roll systems is astounding. Fail-proof, no. But damn, that would've been a fatal wreck ten years ago.

The tubs are carbon fibre. Only the skid plate is titanium
That's the worst I've seen sine Canada 2007.
[video=youtube;AtrzvwayniM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtrzvwayniM[/video]

Man that was a bad one, good to see they lived

so was that one in Montreal

Racing will never be perfectly safe or it wouldn't be racing, but F-1 and most other forms of racing are so much safer than they used to be that there's hardly a comparison to the old days. We've seen several crashes recently in NASCAR and Indy Car that would have injured of possibly killed drivers and they escaped with minor or no injury. Good to see nobody was hurt in this F-1 crash.

I like Alonso and happy to see him climb out of the wreck....the cars are so much safer now than when Ayrton Senna lost his life in a much less violent crash.

It's racing look @ Top Fuel Hydro accidents, off the richter risk factor, strapped w ratchet straps in to the capsule, which takes on water and sinks, should it come seperate from boat, and pilot sits like houdini in spam can w limited supply of oxy, waiting to be craned back up. I understand that Priests & other Holy Men frequent the pits now, giving Blessings & Ritual w Pilot & Wife before each launch....the only thing nuttier than drag boats that strikes me would be approahing a postage stamp in the middle of blue @ 200 knots, looking for a few hundred foot surface thats constantly bobbing.
that is brass. Landing the X-15 im sure was a tennuous affair, as certainly is the shuttle, Man was born to risk

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back