• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Today's lesson: Don't try to flee cops in a PT cruiser!

XS22J8R

Local time
12:34 AM
Reaction score
How the heck did this guy survive with non life threatening injuries from this?
SEE moment man is catapulted from car during chase, and what happens next

perp.JPG

If he had a Turbo GT with 5-speed, he'd had a chance. I had my '03 up to 133 mph along US 285 in Colorado, years ago.

If he had a Turbo GT with 5-speed, he'd had a chance. I had my '03 up to 133 mph along US 285 in Colorado, years ago.
I doubt he can drive a standard.
It's hard to aim your gun when you have to shift all the time.

Besides then he'd likely fly 50 feet in the air instead of just 25 feet.

I doubt he can drive a standard.
It's hard to aim your gun when you have to shift all the time.

Besides then he'd likely fly 50 feet in the air instead of just 25 feet.
The baby was holding the gun,ready for a drive by! They start young these days!

Somebody installed the Acme airbag under the seat!

Lucky!

Space X budget cuts have forced the use of PT Cruiser's for launch crafts these days!

That driver is lucky to be alive and hopefully will have many years to contemplate that fact while sitting in a jail cell for felony fleeing and child endangerment, but I also had to question if one of the cops in the video was also vying to win a Darwin award. There have been officers killed while deploying stop strips at cars being chased, and my understanding (as a civilian not a policeman, maybe a policeman could provide further light on this), is that officers set up for deploying the stop strip down the road the chase is expected to arrive at, put the spiked strip on the other side of the road, stretch a cable attached to the strip across the road, then try to station themselves behind a guard rail or other structure for safety if the perps car swerves towards them. When the suspects car comes close, they pull on the cable to propel the strip in front of the car and flatten the tires as it runs over the strip. The cop in this case ran out into the street to throw the strip in front of the PT cruiser, all but begging to end up getting run over! Here's your sign officer!

Spike.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back