• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AutoCityClassic's Radiators-Any good?

nutz4spd

Local time
5:22 AM
Reaction score
I'm looking at the radiators from AutoCityClassics and their associated fan shroud. Has anyone had cooling issues with using an electric fan and shroud like they offer? I'm running a 413 in my '62 Dart and the rad in it now is literally falling apart. Theirs is an all aluminum, 26" core designed for big block cars. I'm just curious if their fans can keep these big motors cool. Especially in the souther summer heat.

Check Champion Radiator. They some nice stuff that is resonably priced. Good tech help as well.
Doug

I can not say how well their fan and shroud sets work.
2 of my brother's run auto city radiators with mechanical fans and shrouds in GMs
Both have had no problems.
I can add another vote for champion though , I have their 26" 3 core in my 67 with a shroud and mechanical fan.
Works fine.

I run the ACC big block 26" in my 71 with a stock clutch fan and factory shroud. It cools my 440 in the SC heat just fine with the AC running. No experience with their electric fans but the radiators are good.

I have an aluminum radiator in my 62 Dart, stock fan, no cooling issues.
Not sure of the brand, inexpensive aftermarket, looks stock, fits very well.

In my 383 a-body, I have the factory bb radiator, Hayden 2947 low profile fan clutch, Derale 18" fan, 180 stat, no shroud, no room for a shroud really, zero temp issues.

Hayden clutch would be a different part number for a b-body, but that and the Derale fan are a great readily available combo.

A few years ago, on one of my cars, I installed a Champion. Big mistake, piece of garbage. Factory radiator/shroud/fan/clutch is what I recommend. Works perfectly on 4 of my other cars.

Stock, stock fan, stock shroud. Go cruising thought free...
I would but like I said in my original post, the radiator that was in it is coming apart and cruddy. By the time I spend the money to get it repaired and cleaned I could just as easily buy a new aftermarket one.

Put an auto city classic 26” in my 383 67 charger this summer. It works amazing. Went straight in no issues. I have the mechanical fan and no shroud and it stays cool for as long as I want to drive it. Granted, it replaced the original, but it runs like a completely different car now.

Auto Transport Service
Back