• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Average man's car...

brian.linn

Local time
8:31 PM
Reaction score
I always enjoy seeing cars in this condition... Anyone want to share? Not sure what I plan to do with it yet...

Attachments

• 1965 Coronet Driver Side.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 920
thanks for sharing hopefully others will post up also :headbang:

Here's my Polara. Completely original factory big block, 4 speed and I'm the second owner. A running driving car out of Alabama... but not registered since the late 90's. Replaced the passenger's fender with a rust free AZ part and rebuilt the brakes last year in preparation for our move. Currently it sitting on my trailer in storage while we build a new house and shop here in Texas. Been collecting parts for this car for over 10 years and once the shop is finished I'll start tearing it apart for a complete rebuild.

IMG_3378.jpg

Looks better than my '65 Coronet did when I purchased it. If I had to give advice based on my experience, it would be to develop a total plan and then write it down. Don't deviate from the plan. You'll get better results at a lower cost. Oh yeah, plan on twice your estimated costs.
I changed direction twice and it is costly; believe me. I went from (1) a race inspired 496, six pack, 3800 stall, radical cam, 4.10 gear, A990 look, to (2) a milder 496 six pack, 3.23, stock stall convertor, stock hood and grill, to (3) finally a single Holley 750, exhaust manifolds replacing the headers, 4 speed replacing the 727, custom made stock looking wheels (6" fronts, 12" rears) and hubcaps. I am going to install Edelbrock heads this winter just to get the compression down a bit.

Attachments

• 2011 look.jpg
    2011 look.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 812
  • 2012 look.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 847
Last edited:
"...Oh yeah, plan on twice your estimated costs."

True-er words have never been spoken...Amen brother!!

Been there done that.... but I'm getting better at estimating costs. The wife bet me I couldn't build my deuce for less than 25 grand. Came in at 22K. There's a lot to be said for sweat equity. The only thing I had done was the machine work on the hemi. Nobody else touched this car from beginning to end. Here it is fresh out of my home built paint booth.

IMG_3339.jpg

Way to go! Nice looking street rod.

do I see the american flag reflection in the left 1/4 panel yup :headbang::headbang:

Here are a couple of pics of my beaters

Attachments

• DSC01939 (Small).JPG
    DSC01939 (Small).JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 739
  • DSC01337 (Large).jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 704
They are nice looking beaters :headbang:

Thanks for displaying both flags and sharing with us , thanks from a vet :hello2::headbang:

From yet another vet (USAF 1966-1972). Always proud of being American.

Attachments

• from+right+rear.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 607
I guess mine would count.I am an average man and even though my car looks real nice in the picture it is by no means a show car just a nice driver.

Attachments

• roadrunner%2520ebay%2520pics%2520%252845%2529[1].jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 633
thanks wedgie nice car :headbang:

Centerline, thats a great looking hot rod!

Auto Transport Service
Back