• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Averted my worst nightmare

I had the same thing happen with the plug and play led replacement bulbs for T12's they used to sell at lowes, I got them on clearance and I found out why they were getting rid of them... Luckily one of the bulbs shorted as soon as I installed it and turned it on so it didn't burn anything. I switched them out for the ballast bypass ones where you remove the ballast and wire it straight to 120V and they've been working fine for a year now.

I had the same thing happen with the plug and play led replacement bulbs for T12's they used to sell at lowes, I got them on clearance and I found out why they were getting rid of them... Luckily one of the bulbs shorted as soon as I installed it and turned it on so it didn't burn anything. I switched them out for the ballast bypass ones where you remove the ballast and wire it straight to 120V and they've been working fine for a year now.
That is one dumbass strategy by lowe’s that could lead to lawsuit city. They should have put their supplier on notice to pick that crap up and reimburse them any purchase costs or expect a lawsuit from them.

Auto Transport Service
Back