• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Axle Dolly project for the Fritz R/T

QOTHL

Local time
11:05 PM
Reaction score
I wasn't sure if I should post these photos here or in the shop, garage tools forum. Maybe I'll do both.
I had the material and decided to make one of these dollies instead of paying $200. I modified the "cradles" and used 2 1/2 inch flat bar for the top of the adjustable upright and cradle arms. I cut the pieces like French green beans and then welded them together as shown and added them to the flat bases. Saved a lot of plate that way.
The wheels were the most expensive parts. I made the decision to use plate wheels instead of post because I hate post wheels! Even with lock washers the POC's get loose. The plates are attached with a bolt in the leg as shown.
Worked perfect.
My Metabo cutter has to be one of the best tools I ever bought. This was MIG welded with a Miller 215.
I've never taken a rear axle assembly out of a car before.

DSC_1104.jpg

DSC_1106.jpg

DSC_1114.jpg

DSC_1108.jpg

DSC_1112.jpg

DSC_1109.jpg

DSC_1117.jpg

Snazzy! Did you put in for your patent already! Lol

This is the auto body dolly I made last year. The Fritz R/T shell is finally mounted on it. Twilight Zone: 2am and finally able to call it quits! I have a TON of respect for all of you who do this work. It's definitely a labor of love or we're all just retarded.
DSC_1134.jpg
DSC_1135.jpg

Great work, the axle holder looks like it does it's job well.
The body work is amazing - the body lines are crisp and straight.
Thanks for another Mopar back on the road. Mike
:luvplace:

Great work, the axle holder looks like it does it's job well.
The body work is amazing - the body lines are crisp and straight.
Thanks for another Mopar back on the road. Mike
:luvplace:

Thanks for the compliment. There's still a lot to do yet.

Auto Transport Service
Back